Gs pallas
  • Help

Thread: Gs pallas

Default Gs pallas

hi people
    can anyone assist. is anyones aware if the low pressure "RUBBER" pipes in the photo are the same as any other model of a citroen.
    i would like to replace these with the same however these parts are no longer available, hence the question. any assistance with a solution would be appreciated.

because of the age of the car and the pipes, we fear that there could possibly be a leak and also would prefer to replace with new while the engine is bind re fitted into the sub frame.

thanks

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gs pallas-dscn4035.jpg   Gs pallas-dscn4036.jpg   Gs pallas-dscn4037.jpg  

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

fuel line would do for that ... It would probably last the life of the car as it's internally re-enforced

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Hi Lamoor,

I just replaced a couple of those lines this weekend on my GS. The local Clark Rubber store has many different sizes of fuel line. If you cant get it from there the local Bursons store or Repco would have it.

I didn't replace the lower two as I will leave that for when I have more access with the engine out. It would prove to be difficult in situ. (But not impossible)

The tubes won't look the same, but they will be a hell of a lot more reliable. The old tube had split where it expands over the barb on the plastic tube. I suspect it was original.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic View Post
    Hi Lamoor,

I just replaced a couple of those lines this weekend on my GS. The local Clark Rubber store has many different sizes of fuel line. If you cant get it from there the local Bursons store or Repco would have it.

I didn't replace the lower two as I will leave that for when I have more access with the engine out. It would prove to be difficult in situ. (But not impossible)

The tubes won't look the same, but they will be a hell of a lot more reliable. The old tube had split where it expands over the barb on the plastic tube. I suspect it was original.
    Hi XMM
    Thanks will look into this appreciate the advice, and yes it is easier with engine out.

Thread Information