DS 23 Windscreen Wiper Washer repairs.
  • Help

Default DS 23 Windscreen Wiper Washer repairs.

As part of dthe RWC requirements, a functional Windscreen Washer is required - can't complain about that.

Why is it not working was the issue, applied 12V direct to the washer motor and it burst into life!

Back to the windscreen wiper washer stalk switch.

Advertisement

Removed and checked; 2 speed wiper OK, washer no good.

Pulled switch apart and found washer terminals dirty! cleaned with very fine emery paper, reassembled - workes fine.

Where's a will there's a way!

Replaced original retaining brass rivets with "pop rivet" by disposing of poprivet mandrel and expanding rivet with an apropriate centre punch.

DS 23 Windscreen Wiper Washer repairs.-img_4041.jpg

Regards,

JAJEA

Those switches are pretty rugged inside aren't they! I think with a bit of a clean they will last another 40 years. I always have a spray can of contact cleaner from Jaycar handy when I work on my DS.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Very, very rugged Michael.

Initially I could not see what was wrong or could possibly be wrong as they are so simple; then I noticed the "black spots" where the contacts were made between brass ball and brass rods! A good clean + WD40 - good as new.

John

Thread Information