Why ?
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why ?

Fellow Frogger!

Default Why ?

Did I miss something. I would expect a nice car for that.

Advertisement

Front Brembo Brake Discs Citroen 2 CV 6 63 90 | eBay

JBN

One clue would have been that the disc rotors suited all 2CV6 vehicles form 1963-1990. Considering that the 2CV6 arrived in the late 70's but disc brakes didn't come until 1981, the exorbitent price may have referred to the changes required to modify a fleet of early ones.

Why would you want ventilated Brembos on a 2CV in the first place. The standard ones have sufficient cooling with the ducting from the fan. The brakes are only used to stop at traffic lights and when parking the car. The rest of the time its a case of DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKES. Its taken you half an hour to get to the speed of the surrounding traffic, why on earth would you want to press the middle pedal?

John.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    Did I miss something. I would expect a nice car for that.

Front Brembo Brake Discs Citroen 2 CV 6 63 90 | eBay
    Someone made a hands up when listing, or you are buying all their stock of Deuche discs cos the accountant looked at the stock movement and told them to get rid of them?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    One clue would have been that the disc rotors suited all 2CV6 vehicles form 1963-1990. Considering that the 2CV6 arrived in the late 70's but disc brakes didn't come until 1981, the exorbitent price may have referred to the changes required to modify a fleet of early ones.

Why would you want ventilated Brembos on a 2CV in the first place. The standard ones have sufficient cooling with the ducting from the fan. The brakes are only used to stop at traffic lights and when parking the car. The rest of the time its a case of DON'T TOUCH THE BRAKES. Its taken you half an hour to get to the speed of the surrounding traffic, why on earth would you want to press the middle pedal?

John.
    John if you look at the diagram they are the 7mm thick solid discs, just the pretty pic at the top is the ventilated version (generic pic) Agree with the rest of the paragraph, conserve momentum AT ALL COST

Franzose 39.99eur
    Ecas 43.97eur

drive as hard as you like, I did... Flat out! The 2cv is light and stops without much effort, change down a gear or two and a light touch of the brake pedal. I only had to lock up the brakes once. That was to avoid being Tboned by a tram who had run the red light. The disc brakes on the 2cv make it stop in no distance, thank goodness because the result of a tram Tboning me wouldn't be pretty.

2CV in Melbourne - YouTube
    Last edited by IE23; 9th June 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

1000+ Posts

Typo?

Thread Information