Berlingo curry puff fix?
  • Help

Default Berlingo curry puff fix?

It seems from googling Berlingo curry smell, that there is a wide spread issue with leaky heater cores in these vehicles - giving a distinctive curry smell. Has anyone dealt with this ? By all accounts it is a major job to remove all the dash parts to get to the heater core. Is this a job best left to a dealer ? Has anyone tackled this themselves or has had it undertaken by a mechanic and at what cost? Ours continues to exude curry odour despite some additives by the dealer, and I feel that we should addresss the issue before it gets worse. The car is an 06 model
    BF

Advertisement

JBN

Have you tried flushing the cooling system (including the heater core) with clean water. Then adding some of that chemical weld to the radiator and running with that for a couple of weeks. Theoretically, the chemweld should find and seal the hole in the heater core (make sure you have the heater on during this two week period). The chemweld costs less than $10 in Repco, so this is a cheap and easy solution for starters.

If it works, drain and refill with coolant.

John

Have you tried spreading mango chutney on your cooling system? Or wrapping it in a Roti?

Mmmm - in the first instance I think I'll go with the chemweld, Repco didnt have chutney?

Thread Information