Classic Citroen Posters for Sale
  • Help

Default Classic Citroen Posters for Sale

Hello all,

I have four posters of pre-war citroens for sale on behalf of an estate. They were purchased in about the mid 1970's from Citroen S A and a photo of the label on the box in which they were kept is included to indicate provenance.

Advertisement

The posters measure about 70X99 cm and are drawn on heavy matt finished paper. It appears to me to be of a particular quality for poster work, but I am certainly no expert on this. The posters are in what I would think is good to excellent condition and appear to have kept in the mailing box for most of their lives. One poster has a small mark on the paper, but it is not in the vicinity of a drawing, another has a small stain, but again it does not interfere with the drawing. In both cases the imperfections are barely visible.

Given their collectible quality, I would think that $600 would be a reasonable price for the set of four posters. Postage is extra.

Also in the collection is the poster 'CITROEN EXPOSEERT SERVICE'. This is produced on heavy quality paper, but perhaps not quite as good as the set of four described above. There is some damage to it in the form of a tear at the top LH corner, but as far as I can tell there is no paper of the poster missing. There are also some fold lines apparently created by the rolled poster being slightly flattened in storage.

Price for this one is $35 plus postage.

Finally a poster of a CX Break which has damage to the left hand edge as is obvious in the picture.

$10 plus postage.

I trust that people will not take offence that this post appears in the 'Citroen Forum' rather than 'For Sale', but it seemed to be the most appropriate one.

Cheers
    Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0286.jpg   Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0287.jpg   Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0288.jpg   Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0289.jpg   Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0291.jpg   Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0292.jpg  

Classic Citroen Posters for Sale-img_0295.jpg  

Well, after 3 weeks I have sold the 'exposeert service' poster, but there has not been a peep, not been a sausage of interest in the four posters of classic Citroens. I thought that these would excite the most interest because of their quality and as a desirable collectible. Alas, the quality of my photography does not do them justice. They are better in the flesh than in the photo's.

If you are at all interested, don't be afraid to send me a pm.

Cheers
    Richard

Thread Information