Citroen CX electric mirrors
  • Help

Default Citroen CX electric mirrors

Hi, I'm restoring a 2200 Pallas. I have fitted the mirror from my '78 donor car (elegant non electric damaged) screw fitting is exactly the same. The mirror only works in one plane of motion. Restored the switch as stuffed with years of dirt. I pulled out the mirror internals & it's operated by Strings! Obviously there is a gearbox & faulty solenoid yet it is a sealed unit? Anyone repaired one or has a working one for sale?

Advertisement

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Last edited by Jinandfonic; 17th June 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Update: Is isn't a sealed unit only clipped together. The Solenoid return spring was far too soft. I sacrificed a couple of retractable pens, a found a stronger spring and cut it down. It now works perfectly The mirror internals (made in holland) were first used by BMW in 1972.

Thanks for the news. I am going to try and get the mirrors working on the Prestige. Now I know it is possible
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Default Citroen CX electric mirrors

Left hand mirror installation advice required. I sourced an old Jag Series III LH mirror (Chrome, black surround & electric) it's still 4 wires yet two motors whereas the original is one motor plus solenoid. Jag switch required yet rare as hens teeth & very expensive. So need a similar wiring setup (I don't want to use two separate rocker switches) Where does Citroen put the switch for the left hand mirror on a Series 1 Prestige?
    Last edited by Jinandfonic; 12th March 2014 at 08:52 AM.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

On the passenger door, exactly the same as the drivers. At least that is what is there on mine.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    On the passenger door, exactly the same as the drivers. At least that is what is there on mine.
    Missed opportunity to make that convenient. How French. At least gives one a reason to lean over an attractive passenger, or start a argument over "can't read a map now can't adjust a mirror"

Thread Information