c3 sensodrive or sequential manual
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default c3 sensodrive or sequential manual

My sequential 5 speed manual C3 Plurial is acting up ..any suggestions?

Advertisement
    Last edited by 2bxornot2bx; 17th May 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

bump...

Fellow Frogger

So, earlier this evening you were wanting to know about the Pluriel gearbox because you have a friend possibly interested in one and you knew absolutely nothing about the model or the gearbox. A couple of hours later, you have a car with a dodgy gearbox. Must have had sawdust in the gearbox too.

Have you bought a bad car in the last couple of hours or are you just telling us a porky to get an answer? I think the latter. Now, because nobody has replied quickly enough to suit you, you've bumped it after about 2 hours.

It's not the way to be taken seriously.

It's a good gearbox if set up properly and usually reliable, but see: Plurial sensodrive problems! Help
    Last edited by David S; 18th May 2013 at 01:08 AM.

Seems to be a few cheap Pluriels on the market and I'm beginning to see why....my partners Pluriel hasn't given us any troubles yet!!
    but thanks to David S who took me through all the known issues...
    Thankfully there are some 'get out of jail free' options for some of these...
    Recently though i'm hearing a dry/grating noise at low speed which seems to disappear when road speed increases..
    Hope it's not the sensodrive !!!!!! my mechanic doesn't seem to know what it is and refered me to a Citroen Dealer....
    Good luck with yours!!!
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

My C2 sensodrive has been fantastic. no issues to complain about.
    Its now 6 years old. Tempus fugit.

It goes to the dealer once a year for a 10K service and when I have the chance/could be bothered for a download/upload check somewhere in between the yearly check. I wash and clean it regularly and check the tyres, oil and windscreen washer fluid....
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for your input David..

Yes my friend is still looking to get a Pluriel, and yes I reworded the post with a hypothetical...does it really matter ?? It elicited a response because folks tend to be more helpful apparently when someone has already made a mistake...advice flows freely...

So yes thanks Ms Marple..you found me out!!! I expect its time for afternoon tea.....

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    So, earlier this evening you were wanting to know about the Pluriel gearbox because you have a friend possibly interested in one and you knew absolutely nothing about the model or the gearbox. A couple of hours later, you have a car with a dodgy gearbox. Must have had sawdust in the gearbox too.

Have you bought a bad car in the last couple of hours or are you just telling us a porky to get an answer? I think the latter. Now, because nobody has replied quickly enough to suit you, you've bumped it after about 2 hours.

It's not the way to be taken seriously.

It's a good gearbox if set up properly and usually reliable, but see: Plurial sensodrive problems! Help

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the feedback...

My mate has put in an offer, which the owner is considering but his feet are feeling a tad chilly as to whether he jumped the gun!!! especially with also the known roof issues on the Pluriel... I just needed to flush out some info quickly....thanks for helping

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Subite View Post
    My C2 sensodrive has been fantastic. no issues to complain about.
    Its now 6 years old. Tempus fugit.

It goes to the dealer once a year for a 10K service and when I have the chance/could be bothered for a download/upload check somewhere in between the yearly check. I wash and clean it regularly and check the tyres, oil and windscreen washer fluid....

Thread Information