2006 C5V6 - coming to 70K km - what to service?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2006 C5V6 - coming to 70K km - what to service?

So my beloved C5V6 2006 is about to click over to the magical 70,000 km. What should I be getting serviced?

People keep looking at me knowingly and say something about the timing belt, and why not the water pump whilst you're at it...(not being at all mechanically minded I nod knowingly in complete ignorance)

Recently had a replacement hydraulic pump (if relevant)

Advertisement

Car is running like a charm and I'd like to keep it that way so happy to spend now to save later...any sage advice on what I should invest in to keep it happy?

Fellow Frogger

I'd think it's (almost?) due on age, but also ask anyone that raises it whether they have ever seen the belt itself break on this engine. My guess would be a no answer, with the failures they have seen mostly due to the damper pulley falling apart. That is worth checking and possibly changing. It's not especially expensive and can be an engine killer if it has the wobbles already. Yes, change the water pump because it's driven by the timing belt, a real pain to get at and is inexpensive. You might get away with reusing some of the rollers due to the low kms, but there are kits that include all of those parts if the plan is to use aftermarket parts.

Tadpole

Thanks David - my car get serviced by Elliot (Paris trained mobile mechanic in Frankston Melb. and very occassional frogger) and he's happy to use parts that I supply. Which kit should I be looking for? Something like this?:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dayco-Tim...047#vi-content
    Last edited by C5V6Kamikaze; 15th May 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Fellow Frogger

You'd want to ask Elliot, but Dayco should be OK. That's the sort of kit I meant, but it's obviously not the correct kit for your car.

Thread Information