Best Solution for Sun Glare?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Best Solution for Sun Glare?

I've got a 2006 C5 V6. With the start of daylight saving I now have part of my morning commute where sun glare is really bad - and by really bad I mean I can see very little of the road

Obviously a pair of decent driving glasses wouldn't hurt, and cleaning the windscreen will help

Advertisement

Curious to know what others recommend for cleaning the inside of the windscreen? Any old-timer tips or products you've found to be better than others?

I still reckon damp newsprint is the best for cleaning glass.

And as for sunnies, definitely polarized lenses, which don't simply darken, but cut reflected light (which is polarized at 90 degrees to most ambient light) specifically. Putting quality polaroid sunglasses on and tipping your head from side to side to vary the angle of the polarisation is an interesting exercise 9and not simply a neck exercise!)
    Neil

1977 504 GL

(see it at http://www.grouseguitars.com.au/peugeot )

Tadpole

Polarized light is fun. I explained to my wife how our TV 3D glasses worked on the weekend by holding two pairs up and showing how the lens of one would either appear as black or clear depending on which lens you looked at it from the other pair. I'm sure she was impressed with my god-like man-knowledge (although to be honest she didn't look too impressed...)

Thread Information