C5 X7 2008-20?? Dash Insert Removal Question
  • Help

Default C5 X7 2008-20?? Dash Insert Removal Question

On the current shape C5 there is a dash insert were the vents come out, hazard light switch, and the display ( large and small) live. I am seeking advice as to how to remove that piece so I can access behind the radio to run some wires.

Advertisement

On the LHD models I have seen some instructions about removing a panel under the vents, then removing 3 screws and popping the unit out. My car does not have this panel just a thin metal strip running along it's edge.

Any ideas. Anyone done it who can share their experience please?

BTW ones anyone know if you u plug the radio and then plug it in agin does it need to be react aged or will it just work.

Thanks

Laurie

Is this to make your iphone work with the c5, per your usb thread?
    Very brave - please report back if successful.
    There's a youtube of something like your proposal:

Yes, and No. The c5 has Bluetooth phone already and that is working fine. I want to get some permanent music into the aux2 input. At this stage I am planning to hook up a 120gb iPod but it should work for an iphone as well. I looked at the car and there are two places at the rear of the centre console right at the dash level where you could easily place two female USB plugs. These would be totally out of sight but extremely Easy to access. You could also place an iPod/iPhone/ipad cable there as well. From there very short cables to GPS iPod or any other accessory that run via USB. Want to keep it very plug and play to build and use.

What I need to find out is if there is an existing space from the area behind the dash, hence the removal of the dash insert. The video you point to I have seen and the dash insert they show is different from the one fitted to my C5. They insert looks very fragile so I am seeking some assistance to figure out how to remove it.

I might have to try and buy a C5 manual.

Laurie

Thread Information