2004 Citroen C5 Brakes
  • Help

Icon7 2004 Citroen C5 Brakes

I am just wondering if anybody can tell me how hard it is to replace the front Disc Pads on a 2004 C5 and what tools are needed, are the Calipers push in or are they turned and how long would it take to replace them Thanks everyone in Advance

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

The pistons need to be turned to screw them back in, but the left and right turn in opposite ways. It should become obvious which way when you start turning them. There are special factory tools for the job, but there are also generic tools available. It's all pretty standard stuff, but note there are probably anti-squeal plates with the pads and you will want to put a dab of sealant on the back of the pads to reduce vibrations. It's likely the discs will be undersize or at least need a skim though, so decide whether it's best to change the discs too, which is also not difficult.

Thanks David it been hard enough just getting the Disc Pads when i ordered my pads it took close to 3 weeks to come as nobody up here had them and the only pads i could find was Bendix I dont know if anybody else makes the Disc pads for these cars

Fellow Frogger

For parts, you can obviously try the dealer network, aftermarket vendors like Dapco and European Auto Imports or some of the overseas vendors. Forum sponsor, French Connection sell mainly used I think, but you can always ask them. There will be a number of possible brands, including genuine PSA, Bendix, Valeo etc..

1000+ Posts

Default C5 pads

Hi
    Average ++ difficulty. However you do have to push and turn. You will have to make a crude tool probably. As said each side is opposite. The book says clockwise for the left side and the other is the other way. You only remove the lower bolt/pin and fold the caliper up and back and do it in situe without taking it fully off. So when you turn the piston the caliper sits there and does not try and fold down. After you screw in the pistons you then have to align the slots to fit the pins on the back of the pads before refitting. Book says slots horizontal !

I did not have to replace my discs but did grind the lips off. Will be undersize next time I guess but I have some excellent spares. Plenty of pads in England. However try the sponsors of AFs. There are also pad wear sensor wires to be carefull of. Note the routing before starting.

Jaahn

Thankyou David and Jaahn I will be working on them on Monday thanks again

Thread Information