Citroen DS seats wanted
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen DS seats wanted

Has anybody got some DS seats in good condition for sale and maybe some door trims to match, love to hear from you.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Welcome. Not all DS interiors were created equal, so you really need to specify exactly which model you have and need parts for. A photo of what you have or need would help. If you have seats/trims already and are looking for better ones, then consider one of trim kits on offer instead because you will find most of the used seats are rubbish now. You might be lucky though. There were recently some brown leather seats listed on gumtree, but they are in Sydney. Worth checking.

This thread should really find it's way to the Parts section of the forum, so don't be entirely surprised if it moves.

There was an ad for leather DS seats in the gumtree classifieds last week.
    Good luck.

I called.. But the seller listed them without her husbands permission & he wasn't keen on selling..

I called.. But the seller listed them without her husbands permission & he wasn't keen on selling..

there is a guy in France doing targa, velour (both $480) and leather covers, ($1120) seems good price, whether they're any good stitching finish wise is another issue, a frogger recently told me he got some leather done through Franzose and aside from the price is very happy with them. The guy in France details from ebay ad that is now off is info@eurogenn.com
    if you do any business with them let us know how you go, I am interested in getting some Targa done up, to go with spec for 74 DSpecial. Not the most comfortable stuff but easier to keep clean than velour no doubt.
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 23rd April 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: bod spulling

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    there is a guy in France doing targa, velour (both $480) and leather covers, ($1120) seems good price, whether they're any good stitching finish wise is another issue, a frogger recently told me he got some leather done through Franzose and aside from the price is very happy with them. The guy in France details from ebay ad that is now off is info@eurogenn.com
    if you do any business with them let us know how you go, I am interested in getting some Targa done up, to go with spec for 74 DSpecial. Not the most comfortable stuff but easier to keep clean than velour no doubt.
    If this is the same fella, his name is Richard Parker. I have a different email address.

He does seats only, but I wasn't too sure he realised the differences between the types of seats. He might be more familiar with the late models.
    Initially he was slow to reply (3 days), then became quicker. The sample requested never arrived and I can't see how he could offer the leather he (claims) at 25 pounds per square metre, top class Yarwood, aviation spec leather. he said all the leather from Yarwood in the UK was the same price, 25 pounds per square metre.

Bottom line, I didn't receive a sample and the deal just sounded too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by renault12 View Post
    For 200 knicker in decent condition I'd be spitting chips were I the husband...
    unless of course I had passed on and it was the garage sale.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by renault12 View Post
    How often would that situation have prevented a sale???
    Am I safe in thinking not often?

The OP might like to take a look at the citronpieces website.

Or franzose.. Citronpieces freight costs are absolutely ludicrous!

Cheers,

Toby

Check your private messages.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

Default Leather seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Check your private messages.
    I got some leather seat covers from Richard Parker(on ebay UK) I tthought they were great value,I got him to send two parcels to avoid tax.The Quality is not as good as Citron pieces,(that would be too good to be true).
    I have some seats that need recovering!
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    I got some leather seat covers from Richard Parker(on ebay UK) I tthought they were great value,I got him to send two parcels to avoid tax.The Quality is not as good as Citron pieces,(that would be too good to be true).
    I have some seats that need recovering!
    Woody
    That's good to know with Richard Parker, the deals that appear to be too good to be true most often are.

Citron pieces aren't exactly crap, and are not far from a quality similar to that of the original manufacture. The fit of course can be improved by the person doing the job.

Tadpole

Thanks for all your replays, my car is a 1971 19B and I am not sure, the door trims don't look like the Dspecial ones with the bolt on arm rests, maybe they have been change previously. I not sure if it is a Dspecial or Dsuper, can anybody tell me the difference between the two models. The original color is AC 522 thats green, but the car is AC421 Bordeaux Red and there is no green left anywere, not inside the doors or under the red. The old door trims are red with the molded arm rests, but not the full door trims like a DS Pallas.
    Appreciate your insites
    DS man

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by DS man View Post
    Thanks for all your replays, my car is a 1971 19B and I am not sure, the door trims don't look like the Dspecial ones with the bolt on arm rests, maybe they have been change previously. I not sure if it is a Dspecial or Dsuper, can anybody tell me the difference between the two models. The original color is AC 522 thats green, but the car is AC421 Bordeaux Red and there is no green left anywere, not inside the doors or under the red. The old door trims are red with the molded arm rests, but not the full door trims like a DS Pallas.
    Appreciate your insites

DS man
    Hello

here's a link to my DS bible.

http://www.nuancierds.fr/1971%20tables.htmDS
    It shows DSpecial, Super and Pallas all came in that colour option in 71. Definitely not with red seats though so probably changed at some stage of your car's history. Vert Charmille was a 69, 71 and 72 colour..not 70 though, that was reserved for Vert Muscinee. My 70 DSpecial is an ID19B on the build plate but has the DSpecial badge on the boot.. a crossover period for the designation from my readings.

Here is the ref for the door cards..
    http://www.nuancierds.fr/DT%20pannea...cial%20etc.htm

It's a great site if you haven't seen it... lots of info to ingest. Hope that helps.

Matthew

Tadpole

Thanks again every body, thanks Donat for your lead, will take those seats, thanks nmn that is a great website, it's just great to know there is some like mindet gentleman around to bunce things off.
    Regards
    DS man

Fellow Frogger

I have some salvaged parts of a DS Pallas leather interior with lots of patina. It needs a fair amount of help, but it could still be useful for that original, well worn look in a future project I have in mind. Has anyone recently completed a retrim and had original brown leather left over, just waiting to go to the tip? I'm mainly after a reasonable rear seat backrest cover with the armrest cover, preferably the lighter brown Naturel used before 1971. The less important items like the grab handles, seat back covering, door tops and B-pillar trim would be helpful, but they are readily available new. Using new leather for those wouldn't be very obvious, whereas it would stand out for the rear seat backrest. I have no immediate need for any of this, just thought I'd ask in case someone is about to throw anything away.
    Last edited by David S; 28th January 2015 at 11:03 PM.

Thread Information