Cd stuck in cd rack c5 2004
  • Help

Default Cd stuck in cd rack c5 2004

Hellow all. Asking for help from experts. A cd is stuck in the original cd player aftet my wife turned engine off while a cd was playing. When trying to eject the cd- clicking noise for 3 seconds without results. Any advice or explenation for the best way to solve the problem? Thank you very much

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Your wife is not to blame. It's most likely that part of the release mechanism has simply broken. You will have to remove the unit and open it to remove the CD and attempt to repair the broken part.

Removing the unit thats ok by me. Buy really opening the cd box casing from the top?

Fellow Frogger

We are talking about the in dash radio/cd unit aren't we? If the release mechanism has broken it's not going to eject it, so you have no option but to remove the cover to retrieve your CD. The alternative is to hand it over to a repairer or buy a new unit.

I have the same problem - a library CD stuck for over a year. (luckily they belived me and have written it off) I tried to get it out. Took the unit out of the dash and took the top off it. The CD is right there but buggered if i could get it out. So there it is. It occasionally starts up and plays but still won't be ejected. A repair guy said he could fix it for a couple of hundred dollars but I haven't got around to it.
    I also bought an aftermarket CD player to replace it with but the wiring is completely different. Mine has buttons on a column stalk for volume etc so I suppose there are extra wires for all that sort of stuff. Not easy like the olden days.
    sorry I can't help.
    cheers Tony

Fellow Frogger

The CD is in a sort of cage / platter thingy. You should be able to do what the release motor is trying to do and lift the thing and guide the CD out. It can't because a small plastic part of the release mechanism has broken.

Quote Originally Posted by deesse View Post
    I have the same problem - a library CD stuck for over a year. (luckily they belived me and have written it off) I tried to get it out. Took the unit out of the dash and took the top off it. The CD is right there but buggered if i could get it out. So there it is. It occasionally starts up and plays but still won't be ejected. A repair guy said he could fix it for a couple of hundred dollars but I haven't got around to it.
    I also bought an aftermarket CD player to replace it with but the wiring is completely different. Mine has buttons on a column stalk for volume etc so I suppose there are extra wires for all that sort of stuff. Not easy like the olden days.
    sorry I can't help.
    cheers Tony
    Hi Tony,
    there are usually only 2 different standard wiring set ups used, one is European, the other is Japanese. You can buy pre made wiring kits that adjust it so you can put a European unit in a Japanese car, or a Japanese unit in a European car. You just have to get the right kit...and they are expensive, but it really makes the job more simple...just plug and play. I had to fit one in my wife's Toyota, and it really sped up the installation process.
    Cheers...George 1/8th
    P.S....Tony, I live in Chelsea, if you want it out, bring it over , have a cuppa, and I'll get it out for you.
    Last edited by George 1/8th; 21st April 2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: to add a bit

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Hi Tony,
    there are usually only 2 different standard wiring set ups used, one is European, the other is Japanese. You can buy pre made wiring kits that adjust it so you can put a European unit in a Japanese car, or a Japanese unit in a European car. You just have to get the right kit...and they are expensive, but it really makes the job more simple...just plug and play. I had to fit one in my wife's Toyota, and it really sped up the installation process.
    Cheers...George 1/8th
    P.S....Tony, I live in Chelsea, if you want it out, bring it over , have a cuppa, and I'll get it out for you.
    Hi George,
    Thanks very much for the offer. Unfortunately I am on the north side of town so a long way away. But if I am heading down that way I will drop you a line.
    But I did not know about the pre-made harness kits. Because it is a Japanese CD player I bought that is what I will need. Will all the functions work, like the in dash screen being the display for radio/cd player function data? if so I will check it out.

cheers Tony

Hello, a bit like this?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C5...item1e66f07101
    They also do the steering wheel interface....

well I got the adaptive harness form the link above. Cost me close to 50 bucks to get it here. The bummer is while it does work, the factory features don't. Like no steering wheel controls, no display on dash screen and worst of all the unit switches on and off when flicking the remote key, stopping and starting or opening the door and every time the radio presets are lost which is intolerable. The old one will be going back in with the jammed CD.
    So the moral is don't try and fit a jap unit unless you know what you are doing.
    cheers Tony

Thread Information