Reversing Camera / Aftermarket Radio / GPS / Bluetooth fitting to 2008 - 2010 C5
  • Register
  • Help

Icon6 Reversing Camera / Aftermarket Radio / GPS / Bluetooth fitting to 2008 - 2010 C5

Hi everyone,

I have been trawling the internet about the fitting of a reversing camera and aftermarket radio system to a C5 2008 - 2010 ish model. I have found a few sites where they replace the standard unit with a large touch screen supposedly giving reversing camera, GPS, bluetooth etc etc etc (mainly kits with the steering wheel on the wrong side). The key point with these systems is that they integrate with the existing controls in the car. I would assume you could buy the dash piece used in the C5 models fitted with Sat Nav so an aftermarket screen could be installed.

Advertisement

What I have not been able to find is anyone discussing successfully doing something like this in their car.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and might be able to provide some feedback or advice. Even some feedback on getting it to work with "i" devices. Perhaps a iPad mini on a suitable bracket might be a good solution as a GPS. My wife loves her GPS and this must be considered in any purchase.

Thanks

Laurie

Just an interesting idea

Quote Originally Posted by laurie_lewis View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been trawling the internet about the fitting of a reversing camera and aftermarket radio system to a C5 2008 - 2010 ish model. I have found a few sites where they replace the standard unit with a large touch screen supposedly giving reversing camera, GPS, bluetooth etc etc etc (mainly kits with the steering wheel on the wrong side). The key point with these systems is that they integrate with the existing controls in the car. I would assume you could buy the dash piece used in the C5 models fitted with Sat Nav so an aftermarket screen could be installed.

What I have not been able to find is anyone discussing successfully doing something like this in their car.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and might be able to provide some feedback or advice. Even some feedback on getting it to work with "i" devices. Perhaps a iPad mini on a suitable bracket might be a good solution as a GPS. My wife loves her GPS and this must be considered in any purchase.

Thanks

Laurie
    http://www.elinz.com.au/

http://www.erisin.com/index.php?main...ews&newsuid=65

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe". Albert Einstein

After much searching I can tell you that the aftermarket kits that are available with the replacement dash component for a 7" touch screen are only available for LHD cars.

Thread Information