BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH FOR CITROEN c5 2004
  • Help

Default BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH FOR CITROEN c5 2004

hey there.

Advertisement

can anyone please help me with the part number of the brake light switch on C5 2004 ?
    my lights and transmission selector are stuck.......... if there is a photo - that would really be appretiated.

thank you all

Fellow Frogger!

On Ebay UK they are readily available. I have just ordered a spare from the UK after paying to have one replaced. The dealer also replaced a section of the wiring loom and told me the new wiring contains a resistor to prevent future "burning" of the switch itself. The original was part # 9650688480. I noticed some of the UK sellers have several part number references for the same switch, so I assume the numbers differ in different model cars..like the Peugeots, but it is the same item.

Default red lever on the sensor

hey there. released the sensor and pulled the little red lever on it all the way to the other dirresction. this made it now work properly i guess. i think that lever controlls the dipper spring is it ???
    should i order a replace sensor or to take my chances that the red lever thing fixed the problem ??????

thank you all guys.

Fellow Frogger

So, I gather you have a single switch with a 4-pin connector? Some early cars used a pair of 2-pin switches. I expect it's self adjusting on installation and what you have presumably done is released the adjuster. Did you refit the red lock and refit the switch? There are a few different switches out there. I have a new 4 pin switch here for an earlier HDi with a white connector and it's #453440. There was a similar switch with a green connector used in some later cars and I think it was #453463, but the parts diagrams will now likely only show a switch and extension harness kit (#453467?) and maybe some newer style switches for later cars. It's worth looking up your car in the online parts system to see what the factory currently wants to supply for it.

The 96 number is not actually the part number for most later cars. It's a reference number used by PSA abd is like the old 95 and 96 series part numbers used for older models, but is not the part number used in the parts listings for most current parts.
    Last edited by David S; 21st April 2013 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    So, I gather you have a single switch with a 4-pin connector? Some early cars used a pair of 2-pin switches. I expect it's self adjusting on installation and what you have presumably done is released the adjuster. Did you refit the red lock and refit the switch? There are a few different switches out there. I have a new 4 pin switch here for an earlier HDi with a white connector and it's #453440. There was a similar switch with a green connector used in some later cars and I think it was #453463, but the parts diagrams will now likely only show a switch and extension harness kit (#453467?) and maybe some newer style switches for later cars. It's worth looking up your car in the online parts system to see what the factory currently wants to supply for it.

The 96 number is not actually the part number for most later cars. It's a reference number used by PSA abd is like the old 95 and 96 series part numbers used for older models, but is not the part number used in the parts listings for most current parts.
    u are correct. i have a white connector 4 pin thingy. ijust pulled the red lever all the way to the left and didnt refitted the red lever back to the left. i refitted the sensor.
    how long u thing this will last working OK ?

Thread Information