Plastic return line joiner?
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Plastic return line joiner?

Hi all been a while since I last posted...anyway started working on my GS the other day and discovered lhm leaking from a plastic return line just above the rh side of the crossmember, it's been joined with some black plastic tubing which seems to have perished, just wondering if I can easily source this black plastic joiner or will some fuel hose do the trick? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Some fuel line will do the job.
    Carry on.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Some fuel line will do the job.
    Carry on.
    Cheers
    Unfortunately not many options out there for joining 4mm OD nylon return line however I did find some 3mm ID pliable transparent fuel hose from a Lawnmower service centre... hopefully that works
    Last edited by raver; 18th April 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Ahh, you hadn't mentioned the size.
    In that case, try and find a small piece of plastic hose/piping which has an ID of 4mm, (superglue is your friend here) to make a sleeve.
    Then use a piece of 1/4" or 6mm fuel line and you'll have a result similar to the way the factory used to produce their return lines, such as on D models.

Hope this helps.

Black plastic joiners can usually be found at Bunnings in the garden irrigation section.
    Again, superglue is your friend. Or more correctly, cyano-acrylate based adhesive.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Black plastic joiners can usually be found at Bunnings in the garden irrigation section.
    Again, superglue is your friend. Or more correctly, cyano-acrylate based adhesive.
    Thanks for the tip Richo, I'm guessing the old black plastic joiner has perished cause I suspect it's irrigation section, I'm leaning towards a long term fix as opposed to a 'qiuck fix' , the lawnmower 3mm ID fuel hose seems to have solved the issue for now. Lhm ain't cheap!!!

Fellow Frogger!

VITON tubing can be found at most mower shops & hydraulic service centres. It is a clear yellowy colour.
    Richard

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by citroenut View Post
    VITON tubing can be found at most mower shops & hydraulic service centres. It is a clear yellowy colour.
    Richard
    The hose I got was a clear yellowy one (cost $4 per 30cm) from mower shop probably the same thing?
    Hydraulic shops did'nt have anything that small.

Fellow Frogger!

Superior hydraulics shop in Coffs Harbour. It's the climate you know !

Richard

Fellow Frogger!

I am currently doing a complete redo of all the return hoses on my Xantia, using reinforced fuel hose from a hydraulics shop, have had Pelaiedes in Qld make up some short lengths of CuNi pipe as used on the high pressure lines with a Citroen bulge at each end. Didn't cost a fortune & will outlast both me & the car, fits the hose then use a pipe clamp to retain it, works a treat.

Regards

agd123

Thread Information