C6 on ebay
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: C6 on ebay

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Default C6 on ebay

Guys,

I can't believe there is a 2008 C6 on ebay.au and no one here is talking about it! Or is it a lemon?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2008-CITR...item43baaa87c5

Advertisement
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Fellow Frogger!

Don't get me started on the seats.

Phil, at $34k it is too expensive, compared to other markets or Europe, the UK.

But I like it. It is a model which has reached its Zenith for the manufacturer and signals the end of an era. No more big French luxury cars. I'd probably swap my Safari for one.
    There you go...

Thats a lot of Citroen for the money

Quote Originally Posted by dayofthejackal View Post
    Don't get me started on the seats.
    me either - yuk

"Phil, at $34k it is too expensive, compared to other markets or Europe, the UK. "

Currently on the Autotrader UK site a C6 of same year, colour, spec and mileage for the equivalent of $10,000!
    Doug

1974 DS23 Pallas ( 5 Speed Carby Manual)
    1990 BX TZI Automatique
    2005 C5 3.0 V6 Petrol ( POS money pit)

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    Phil, at $34k it is too expensive, compared to other markets or Europe, the UK.

But I like it. It is a model which has reached its Zenith for the manufacturer and signals the end of an era. No more big French luxury cars. I'd probably swap my Safari for one.
    There you go...
    Yeah but it originally cost 100000 here....

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Leapfrog View Post
    "Phil, at $34k it is too expensive, compared to other markets or Europe, the UK. "

Currently on the Autotrader UK site a C6 of same year, colour, spec and mileage for the equivalent of $10,000!

European and UK prices are irrelevant unless you want to live there for a few years and bring it back as a private import. Otherwise, it's a garden ornament even if you can obtain import approval. You also have to remember there are only about 100 here and that most were imported at a time when the $A was buying about 0.50 Euro, plus LCT and GST on top of it. It's quite reasonably priced in the local market.

I don't know what the obecjtion to the seats is other than a personal colour preference. They are some of the most comfortable seats you will find. The colour is almost unique in this market and is actually a warmer tan colour than the pictures might suggest. The leather used in the C6 is certainly superior to what you get in lesser models.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Werent' they originally $110,000 new I could be interested when they hit about $10,000 I have a feeling parts will be impossible to get for them by that age though.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    European and UK prices are irrelevant unless you want to live there for a few years and bring it back as a private import. Otherwise, it's a garden ornament even if you can obtain import approval. You also have to remember there are only about 100 here and that most were imported at a time when the $A was buying about 0.50 Euro, plus LCT and GST on top of it. It's quite reasonably priced in the local market.

I don't know what the obecjtion to the seats is other than a personal colour preference. They are some of the most comfortable seats you will find. The colour is almost unique in this market and is actually a warmer tan colour than the pictures might suggest. The leather used in the C6 is certainly superior to what you get in lesser models.
    The "value" for me is perceived, would my Safari be better, for me, than the C6. Dunno.
    Personally, I feel they are still overpriced in the market place, all things considered.
    It is still a lot of car and complication for the money.

As to the seat colour, if it is a little darker and softer than offered in the C5, then wrap me in it baby, please!

Now, who wants a Safari??

Fellow Frogger

Yes, the 'value' depends on what someone perceives to be sure. For the cars available here at present, it's a fair price given the age, condition (appears very good) and distance travelled. I'd assume the asking price is rather more than the Toyota dealer was prepared to offer as a trade though!

Almost every C6 sold here had black or beige leather. This car has the third leather trim option. Yes, it was certainly a softer leather than the C5's use, the surface is much less heavily pigmented and closer to a straight aniline leather finish, although I'm not sure of the actual designation.

For anyone wanting a C6 in one of the less common colours, there is one in Oriental Blue with beige leather on CarSales. Almost as impressive as Abyss Blue used on the 3 litre cars. Fewer kms and a bit more expensive than the eBay car.
    Last edited by David S; 17th April 2013 at 12:42 PM.

It's being sold by Jamie Flinkier , Flinkier Motors.

So it has been Sold him by the original owner or executor (or on consignment).

Looks a nice car, but no bargain, just a dealer trying to make a buck.

Fellow Frogger

They've had a couple of them before, so they would have a bit more knowledge than the average dealer.
    If it comes with a dealer warranty (It would have to in NSW <10Years AND <160K. Also in Victoria?), that has some extra value over an equivalent car sold privately. At 128K, there may well be a few things needing attention, such as the lower control arms.

That leather colour is a lot nicer than the beige leather you usually see (which I can't stand). I'd be very happy with that seat and trim combination.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Not on their website, or anywhere else except ebay, which at least shows some ethical behaviour.
    I recall passing a different location years ago and seeing their "exotic" offerings.
    Always interested in the variety of offerings. This clearly is another interesting car.

Yes, they're trying to make a few bob, rent in Punt Road would not be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    They've had a couple of them before, so they would have a bit more knowledge than the average dealer.
    If it comes with a dealer warranty (It would have to in NSW <10Years AND <160K. Also in Victoria?), that has some extra value over an equivalent car sold privately. At 128K, there may well be a few things needing attention, such as the lower control arms.
    Not on their website, or anywhere else except ebay, which at least shows some ethical behaviour.
    Is a car advertised on ebay required to have a warranty?
    Remember it is the sellers mobile phone number on the ebay ad.

My understanding unless the car is sold by a dealer you are on your own except for claims under the consumer laws.

Could explain why it's not listed else where.

I'm not saying there is anything shonky but any expensive ebay item suggests caveat emptor.

mnm

Why does the dashboard remind me of this tree?

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic...

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Is a car advertised on ebay required to have a warranty?
    Remember it is the sellers mobile phone number on the ebay ad.

My understanding unless the car is sold by a dealer you are on your own except for claims under the consumer laws.

Could explain why it's not listed else where.

I'm not saying there is anything shonky but any expensive ebay item suggests caveat emptor.
    I hear you Rob, I hear you

Warranty? No, I don't think so. Caveat emptor is pretty much a given.
    NSW registered car, trying to sell in VIC, not usually a winning combination for a top price in VIC.

But I still like the car, yes I do. 128ks or not. It's the likely maintenance attention required now, or at least in the near future which has me suggesting the value isn't quite there.

For Jamie Flinkier, it is a cost effective method of advertising/marketing and hits his potential target market right between the eyes.
    Last edited by richo; 17th April 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: typos, can't be whipped by the grammar nazi.

Fellow Frogger!

I love it and think it is a bargain. My only oncen would be the mileage. That does seem a bit high and would throw a few people off. We are being a bit presumptuous with warranty. He might be the dealer selling as his private carriage. Front wheel is scuffed so owned by a crappy Parker? The Colours are fine. White leather would have a short life span. Chris M

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    That leather colour is a lot nicer than the beige leather you usually see (which I can't stand). I'd be very happy with that seat and trim combination.

That interior was available in Europe with Rouge Delage exterior (or something like that). Gorgeous, but after the XM, no large Citroen has come in with interesting colours. We have become such bland coloured car buyers. (Yes I know my car is black - it was a demo model - no choice at the price I got it for).
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Indeed. The 508 comes in white, sparkly white, silver, extremely pale blue, extremely dark blue, pale grey, grey, dark grey, black or extremely dark brown.

Interior is a choice of two standard grey partial leather trims or two optional grey full leather trims.

The palette is extremely dull.

The tweed jacket with leather elbow patches is more exciting.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Indeed. The 508 comes in white, sparkly white, silver, extremely pale blue, extremely dark blue, pale grey, grey, dark grey, black or extremely dark brown.

Interior is a choice of two standard grey partial leather trims or two optional grey full leather trims.

The palette is extremely dull.

The tweed jacket with leather elbow patches is more exciting.
    Careful Simon, you're starting to sound like a Peugeot dr.....

Oh, I see. Too late!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I'll see if the dealer will take an ID 19 as a trade-in.

David S said there's about 100 here. Were there more XM's sold than the C6? IIRC the XM was $80-90k new.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

But doesn't the depreciation of these cars scare the XXXX out of you? I looked at red guide for these and the car is priced about right.

Grab a copy of Unique Cars for this month.

There is a chapter on cars that aren't on buyers' lists amongst them and one of the first to be overed is C6.

The guy who owns the car is the writer. He has clearly bought it from Continental Cars and but a magnifying glass on the plate and I am sure you get the dealer. He is saying the same dealer if I read the article correctly and interpret the wording, offered him a ballpark of some 14-30 or so to trade. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here and you have also seen the article. No bad will intended, but this is horrendous and proves they have no resale value. In fact several on carsales have been there now for months. Look at posting dates.

It is scarey that dealers are still offering very low trades on cars that are not old. No aftermarket back up warranties and service plans.

That guy in Unique, the solicitor or lawyer, says he is keeping. He is also a long time Citroen guy having had D's and others previously.

Like the point Shane makes, parts could be dear too.

There is a 12 model with 39500ks in Lane Cove on Carsales. I noticed it comes with new tyres. This must surely be a car for the rich, because if I had to do a full set of tyres at that mileage, I would be SCREAMING BIG TIME!!!!! What are the size and what is the cost per tyre?

They are really lovely however and if you could get one at a good price, would be a gem if it was reliable and not a lemon. I would be scared about service and part costs and as David says 100 or so on the road.....is that all?

Chris M

While a C6 is that pricey I think I will get around in an XM. Much better value.

Roger

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information