BX inner tie rod end / rack end
  • Help

Default BX inner tie rod end / rack end

Does anyone know if these available on Ebay uk will fit Aussie 1989 BX 19 TRI 122? Is it a good price??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rack-End-...item5d3a12c92a

Advertisement
    Last edited by twistedeez; 24th March 2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: mor equestions
    Out of the 1992 Saab 900 turbo and into
    1989 Citroen Bx 16v

Fellow Frogger

Maybe, look for the correct part number via Citroen Service and then see what you can find. It will be the same as some Pug, probably a 405. You might get a good used one from someone like David Cavanaugh or someone wrecking a car. There is a special tool to change them, but many people evidently use a pipe wrench.

As an example, it could be this part listed by CTA:
    http://www.ctaservice.nl/p-8656-stuurkogel-linksrechts-binnen.aspx?producttypefilterid=120

You might also want to consider a flex disc for the pinion as shown at lower right on this page:
    http://www.ctaservice.nl/c-684-19-9-...peFilterID=120

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Maybe, look for the correct part number via Citroen Service and then see what you can find. It will be the same as some Pug, probably a 405. You might get a good used one from someone like David Cavanaugh or someone wrecking a car. There is a special tool to change them, but many people evidently use a pipe wrench.

David C (from my experience) is very disinterested in dealing with any one looking for parts for a BX..

These parts can be quite tricky to remove and replace without the whole steering rack out and so I would wholly recommend new parts from the UK ..I am pretty sure that these parts are universal across the whole BX range as I have swapped out a complete rack and axial joints from a 91 into an 85...

Whip the rack out and do it once and do it well.. whilst its out replace the hardy disk as well (rubber union between steering wheel and and rack)

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    David C (from my experience) is very disinterested in dealing with any one looking for parts for a BX..

These parts can be quite tricky to remove and replace without the whole steering rack out and so I would wholly recommend new parts from the UK ..I am pretty sure that these parts are universal across the whole BX range as I have swapped out a complete rack and axial joints from a 91 into an 85...

Whip the rack out and do it once and do it well.. whilst its out replace the hardy disk as well (rubber union between steering wheel and and rack)

good luck
    What do you mean disinterested in selling BX stuff?

It's you people who determine what I'm selling not me. You expect me to pay top dollar for a BX because it's "rare" and when it comes to buying parts you tell me you can get it cheaper from the UK.

I've tossing so much old Citroen stuff out because no one wants it. Just yesterday I tossed out a box of BX plastic trims plus a DS and CX headlights because they've been sitting on the shelf to long and we need to make space for stock that sells.

We have a BX TZI in the yard that we are currently wrecking but we try to stick to our cut off date of 20 years. BX, 405 and R19 are currently being culled because we don't get the calls and when we do we get told there cheaper in the UK.

Here's an example. The BX in the yard does have tie rods on it and they appear good but if I have to spend 1/2 an hour each one pulling them off then thats $44 each and someone will tell me they can get new in the UK for that.

So, if I appear disinterested in BX its your fault not mine. On a personal note, I think there great cars and in a lot of ways better than the Xantia that replaced it.
    Last edited by David Cavanagh; 26th March 2013 at 10:27 AM.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger

'Commercial reality' does come to mind here. It's obviously hard to deal with slow moving, low value items that are relatively difficult to remove on a one off basis. Unless there is a box of them already on the shelf, it wouldn't be worthwhile shifting half a dozen cars to remove just one small part given what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Thread Information