"The Chevrons" - Official magazine of the Citroen Car Club of NSW
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: "The Chevrons" - Official magazine of the Citroen Car Club of NSW

Default "The Chevrons" - Official magazine of the Citroen Car Club of NSW

Got to play a little bit of catchup on this thread...

22/8/2012
    September's edition of "The Chevrons" has gone to print. This month's cover features the rather stunning Citroen Osee. If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

20/9/2012
    The October issue of The Chevrons, featuring "Daisy" at the official opening of the newest French artisan Chocolaterie in the Sydney CBD, Princess Coco, has now gone to print. If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

6/11/2012

Just sent the November issue to print (albeit very belatedly!!). This month's cover features the Citroen C-Zero "Electric Odyssey" which has just finished an 8 month, 17 country and 25000km long trip, all on 250 Euro of electricity. If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

4/1/2013
    Here's the December edition of "The Chevrons". The cover features Sebastien Loeb and Mikko Hirvonen celebrating the Citroen Total World Rally Team's first ever one-two finish in the FIA World Rally Championship, in addition to yet another Loeb victory - the perfect way to cap off his 9th consecutive FIA WRC Drivers' Championship! If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

17/1/2013
    The first issue for 2013 has just recently gone to press. This month's cover features the Citroen's Mehari as a tribute to its creator, Roland de la Poype, who recently passed away. Also in this issue...

• A New Duck?
    • Citroen Common Rail Diesel Systems
    • Citroen Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team Season Launch
    • FIA WRC: 101
    • ...and more.

If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

12/3/2013
    After a few technical issues, the second issue of "The Chevrons" for 2013 has just gone to press. This month's cover features PSA's recently announced Air Hybrid concept car (based on a Citroen C3). Also in this issue...

Advertisement

• Welcome Sime Darby
    • Citroen Pricing Updates
    • WRC 2013 Season Update (Monte Carlo, Sweden)
    • X-Trail vs Xantia
    • The Yellow Cruise
    • ...and more.

If anyone would like any more info about the Citroen Car Club of NSW, please visit www.citroencarclub.org.au

2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Just over a week since the March issue went to print, the April special edition issue of "The Chevrons" for 2013 has just gone to press. This month's cover features "...the road to Cit-In 2013". Also in this issue...

• Cit-In 2013: Welcome to Griffith!
    • PSA's Brand Strategy
    • New C4 Picasso
    • Marulan Track Day
    • WRC 2013 Season Update (Mexico)
    • Molly Taylor
    • South Coast Branch Reports
    • Make Your Own LHS2
    • This Month in History: Moteur Flottant Puissance (Floating-Power Engine)
    • ...and more.

2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Default cit mag

hi Cameron
    excellent work why didn't someone think about this before.

thanks for spreading the good oil!

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    hi Cameron
    excellent work why didn't someone think about this before.

thanks for spreading the good oil!
    Cheers! I've been maintaining similar threads on a few other forums since late last year, but it only dawned on me last night () that I should be maintaining the same thread on AussieFrogs!!

facebook.com/cccnsw

Nice covers.

So how do you make your own LHS2?

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilkinson View Post
    Nice covers.

So how do you make your own LHS2?

Roger
    Thanks Roger. Can't give away any "Club secrets" regarding the LHS2. You'll just have to remain in suspense until you get your hands on a copy of the mag.

facebook.com/cccnsw

I doubt I will have the opportunity to get my hands on a copy of the mag. That is why I asked. I belong to the Citroen club of every place I have lived, including one overseas that I left 12 years ago. What more must I do? It happens that I have never lived in NSW. I thought someone might let me know the NSW recipe. If they are nice about it I will share my recipe.

Roger

I'm pretty sure all the other CCC's around Australia get copies of our mag. I assume you're a member of (at least) one of them?

facebook.com/cccnsw

Yes, but I live in Warrnambool and it is not convenient to go to Melbourne for CCCV meetings. That's why I thought I would ask here. I hope I asked nicely.

Roger

DS

I'm just going through my copy now. I don't see any article on making LHS2. Is that a marketing trick Cameron?
    Great magazine btw.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    I'm just going through my copy now. I don't see any article on making LHS2. Is that a marketing trick Cameron?
    Great magazine btw.
    That will be in the upcoming APRIL edition DS...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

DS

Oops!
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

UFO

For many years the Chevrons has included a statement along the lines of "reprinting of articles in the Chevrons is permitted - please contact the editor for provision of the original article", so perhaps the editor of one of the club magazines that Roger does receive could be prompted to reprint the article.

All the Chevrons produced ever since Mrs UFO and DS were editor and co-editor are available online for CCCNSW members via the club's website. That is some 10 or 11 years of club magazines available for access by club members. Funnily enough all the editors since then have been AFers. After Deb was Paul Smith, then me and now Cameron.

I think Cameron's increase of the online presence of the CCC of NSW in past few months has been a good move. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by UFO; 23rd March 2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Perhaps one of the editors of Aussiefrogs might like to print it in this magazine, right here. With due acknowledgement of the source, of course.

Roger

Nice photo taken in Temora for the April cover I see.

Roger Wilko, I'll see about getting the LHS2 article published in the CCCV Newsletter pretty snappily
    Cheers,
    Dave R
    83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    01 Renault Scenic

I spotted a UFO in Temora today, waved madly, and got a slightly confused wave back at me

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    I spotted a UFO in Temora today, waved madly, and got a slightly confused wave back at me
    AHA! So it was you! We did wave back but in reality getting a wave in a country town is a rare thing.

Made it to Griffith late this afternoon, have had dinner and we are all settling down for a good night's sleep.

The rain during the day made the cars run better and kept the temps down nicely.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Wishing our NSW confederates every success with the Griffith event, and looking forward to reading about it wherever.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Just a quick update to those CCCNSW Members who are wondering where their May issue of The Chevrons has gotten to? Well, suffice it to say that your friendly Editor succeeded in monumentally destroying the master file.

The mag is being pieced together at present and should begin hitting mailboxes sometime next week.

facebook.com/cccnsw

Fellow Frogger!

I doubt I will have the opportunity to get my hands on a copy of the mag. That is why I asked. I belong to the Citroen club of every place I have lived, including one overseas that I left 12 years ago. What more must I do? It happens that I have never lived in NSW. I thought someone might let me know the NSW recipe. If they are nice about it I will share my recipe.

Roger
    Why are people in the CCCNSW so precious with their information?
    other roger

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    Why are people in the CCCNSW so precious with their information?
    other roger
    Not quite sure how you would arrive at that conclusion?

facebook.com/cccnsw

It is easy to arrive at that conclusion. I asked for the information 6 weeks ago and no one in CCCNSW has offered it to me.

Roger

It is easy to arrive at that conclusion. I asked for the information 6 weeks ago and no one in CCCNSW has offered it to me.
    Really? I thought UFO's post was pretty self-explanatory...

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    For many years the Chevrons has included a statement along the lines of "reprinting of articles in the Chevrons is permitted - please contact the editor for provision of the original article", so perhaps the editor of one of the club magazines that Roger does receive could be prompted to reprint the article.
    As it stands, I have not been contacted by the editors of any other Cit Club magazine via AF, email, or any other medium.

facebook.com/cccnsw

UFO

Oh, by the way, the recipe is a joke. Just to take the wind out of your sails. And no, it's not my joke.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information