Recommended Service Sydney
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Recommended Service Sydney

C4 Pic is coming up for a service. The Parramatta franchise was closest to my house, but appears to have shut. So, I'm looking at either Conti Cars or MacCarroll's (Paradise is a little too far). I took my old C4 to MacCarroll's and was pretty happy, but I've heard Conti Cars are good. Any advice from those who've dealt with either or both?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I haven't tried either. I am in the same boat as you with regard to the shut down of the parramatta franchise. I have read a really negative report on the net re Conti Cars.

i might try McCarrols. Colliers, which are an independent outfit may also warrant visit - they are in Granville.

Tadpole

Default SYD service

I've not tried independents, but I've used Continental for servicing on three cars and have no complaints whatsoever. No-pressure blokes who have even talked me out of a couple of things that would have earned them money. They recognise some things are expensive and seem to have done their best to be reasonable.
    M.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaza1 View Post
    I haven't tried either. I am in the same boat as you with regard to the shut down of the parramatta franchise. I have read a really negative report on the net re Conti Cars.

i might try McCarrols. Colliers, which are an independent outfit may also warrant visit - they are in Granville.

UFO

I've stuck with CC from the day I got my C5 - and they have stuck with me sorting out one issue that arose after the car was past warranty.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

DS

I've been dealing with Continental Cars since 1986 and have nothing to complain about over that long period.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaza1 View Post
    I have read a really negative report on the net re Conti Cars.
    That might need some clarification.
    I've used them on and off for most of my citroŽning career - as well as buying 2 out of 4 cars from them - and they are consistently good, helpful, cheerful etc.
    And thank the deity that that dealer in Leichhardt went away.

Fellow Frogger

Unfortunately, the workshop that never has something go wrong hasn't been created yet! How a problem is approached is probably a better test, also remembering that not all customers are equally easy to deal with.

Really, anyone can change the oil, but both McCarrolls and Continental Cars have been around the Picasso models long enough to know the likely traps and what to check for at a service. Cremorne Prestige in Artarmon would also know the Picasso.

Default Re: Recommended Service Sydney

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    I first used Contis when their father ran it in the 1970's . If they can't look after your cars there is no hope, better stick to a pushbike.
    Last edited by gerry freed; 19th March 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

If you are at Parramatta, try Citromet, 46 Larra St, Yennora - Tom Dolan has been around Cits for most of his working life. His work is excellent, he knows his way around the modern Cits/Pugs and Renos.

I have been a very happy customer of his for nearly 10 years and he kept the CX going when Continentals weren't really interested and has provided excellent service on the C5. He starts early, stays late and will be upfront and honest about everything. 02 9721 1889.

Tadpole

Thanks guys. On a vote count it's Conti Cars, but I think I'll have a look at Citromet as well.

Thread Information