Rubber tubing
  • Help

Thread: Rubber tubing

Default Rubber tubing

Hello,

Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a supplier so I can get my hands on some rubber tubing suitable for repiping the low pressure return lines on a BX. I have tried Google but got a bewildering assortment of responses, none of which seemed to fit the bill.

Thanks again

Jeff

Try Ebay France, Type in 'Citroen Durite'
    Cheers Gerry

Speaking of which.
    Has anyone been successful in logging on to eBay France (from Australia) to complete a purchase?

Fellow Frogger

You'd only need small diameter hose able to deal with oil. The original is not reinforced, but if you are making up new piping with off-the-shelf joiners etc., then take the opportunity to use something reinforced. It doesn't need to be expensive, so measure up and see what you can find at Repco, Supercheap or Pirtek.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimbu View Post
    Speaking of which.
    Has anyone been successful in logging on to eBay France (from Australia) to complete a purchase?
    You will have to register your user name and password with Ebay France before you can enter into a transaction. Be sure that the vendor will post world wide. In some cases I have communicated with a vendor and asked if he will post overseas. They are usually co-operative and in some cases quite surprised that any one in Australia collects/restores Citroen!
    Cheers Gerry

JBN

I agree with Alan S. Measure the inside diameter of the tubing you need in both metric and imperial, as some is imported from the USA. It is known as "fuel hose" in the automotive shops and is suitable for oil. Supercheap usually have it on rolls in the shop for you to inspect and then get an assistant to cut to length. Repco hide it out in the back but usually bring it to the counter before cutting.

I have used clear plastic tubing on a BX in an emergency. The main supply to the HP pump was clear plastic and the emergency ran for about a year. It looks nice and colourful with the light green flowing through it, becoming darker over time to remind you when it is time to clean the filters and replace the LHM.

John

Thread Information