Xantia brake pads
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia brake pads

Any suggestions on the best brake pads to use on a Xantia (Series 2) - and supplier?

Chris

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I'm surprised there's been no response to this query - or is it a case of 'they're all OK'?

Chris

Fellow Frogger

Maybe, they are just coughing up for factory pads? You could ask European Auto Imports or Dapco what they carry. The older dealers like Continentals in Sydney and Allpikes in Perth etc. would no doubt still carry Xantia pads on the shelf. Not sure about locals in Adelaide though.

JBN

I have new front and rear Valeo disc pads that I bought from Continental Cars. I also have new front and rear disc rotors that I bought from European Auto Imports. I just haven't gotten around to fitting them yet. I don't buy them by brand, just buy them when needed from reliable suppliers. I have a Xantia series 1 VSX for wht it is worth.

I was far more picky in the old (asbestos) days with my CX, when I would always use Textar pads, which did seem to feel superior to other brands. So much so that I might discard the other brands after a month or so because I didn't like them.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks, David and John.

It was your CX/Textar comment, John, which prompted my query, as I too experienced that era and the quality variations. I think the 'reliable suppliers' approach is probably a reasonable one.

Chris

Thread Information