C5 HDI Fual consumption
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 HDI Fual consumption

Hi,
    I have a 2007 C5 HDI Wagon with around 75K on the clock. Car has always run well but, I have noticed lately that the fuel consumption is increasing. Used to get between 580-620 kil per tankfull city driving. It has dropped to around 520. I do take it out on the freeway for 40 Minutes every month to let the paf filter do it's thing. Any ideas before i go out and get a new turbo core?? (could the injectors be blocking up at this milage?)

thanks

Warren

Advertisement

Figures per tankful are meaningless, can you give it to us in litres/100km. The is a good app for the iPhone (and I think for Android) called Gas Cubby. It lets you record every fill and works out your consumption, graphs it for you so you can see trends emerging. That said 520-620 km per tankful sounds pretty heavy, you must only be doing short runs and or enjoying the power too much. I have driven first gen C5 turbo diesel to work and got 8.1l/100km, the later cars about your cars age do 7.6 on the same journey, which is 40km commute each way
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

UFO

I do 70km each day for my work commute. Some at 100km/h on good road, and then with traffic commuting at 60 or so. Plus I do a lot of other city type driving. My C5 consistently returns between 6.2 and 6.9l/100km - even when I do trips to Sydney and get stuck in traffic to and fro-ing.

I recently towed an empty trailer to Sydney and back with a load that created additional drag. Consumption for the total tank was about 7.8l/100km

I always use recognised brand brand fuel (usually BP) as the lease comes with fuel cards. Others who use various cheap brands iin their diesel C5s have reported high consumption or other performance related issues.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

yep, this car only does short trips which is why I do the monthly run to cycle the FAP - simply may not be doing as much as I used to and spending lots of time in traffic. If I get 900K or more out of it on my next trip to Sydney or Adelaide, I will know that it's okay. Thanks

bas

I only do 24 km a day with my car but at least once a week I do a 20-30 minute run on the freeway just to keep the FAP filter clean. Maybe try doing a run once a week instead of once a Month.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Thread Information