GS Rallye available in France
  • Help

Default GS Rallye available in France

You may recall that donat found a GS equipped for Classic Car Rallies, advertised in France for 3,000 euros and considered buying it to have a vehicle to attend European meetings. I bought it for 2,500 and used it to go to the ICCCR and to several French gatherings.

Advertisement

I haven't got anywhere to store it as it deserves and my driving skills are fading fast, so I am going to have to sell it. You might want to consider the idea of having an interesting car for touring in Europe, if you can find you own storage and manage the paperwork. The simplest approach is to have a friend or relative who can provide the registration and insurance documentation.
    To recap, it is an early GS registered 02/05/1972 and modified for homologation with a trip computer, internal and external battery cut outs, a fire extinguisher, extra bonnet catches, Cibiť driving and fog lights and lots of adhesive labels. Photos are available at http://www.globalfreed.net/gsrallye.
    It was already very presentable but I have replaced parts with new to improve the cosmetics and reliabilty; these include bumpers, tyres, exhaust, petrol filler hose, filters, steering and drive shaft gaiters, fuel pump, distributor cap, contacts and rotor, plug leads, plugs etc
    Any interest before I put it up for sale in France?
    Last edited by gerry freed; 1st March 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Hi Gerry,

From your own judgment , is it in a condition to be able to cruise around Europe for a month or so without major dramas?

Would dearly love to know as this maybe an alternative to me having to hire a car around may-june, this year.

Also are you in a position to keep it until then, if the a deal is done?

Cheers,

Phil
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Default Re: GS Rallye available in France

I would have no problems with the car but two words of caution. Avoid ethanol fuels and park with discretion. It is a conspicuous car and with 20%+ youth unemployment in some countries .............

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using aussiefrogs mobile app

About half way through the pictures, there's one taken from the passenger side that looks like it's on the nature strip in front of a house. There's a blue pole thing behind it, and the rear of a white car further down the street. Any idea what that white car is?

Would it possibly be a Vel Satis?

No, it is a Lancia.

UFO

That's Volvo of some sort heading up the street.

Pity you're selling it Gerry, but sometimes you have to make these decisions. Have you maybe talked to Alain about whether he wants or needs the car for his museum?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

We have to move to a house more suitable to our capabilities of maintenance and proximity to shops, so my priority is to get this one in a condition to sell in a very difficult market. It puts the cars out in the cold and so we will have to find a good home for them. I can't look after the GS or the H van and so after the AGM in April it will have to go, too.

If we are looking at the same car - rego no AC-974-TF, it is a Lancia Delta.

To finish off the hijack - a Vel Satis looks like this
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Vel_Satis

Back to the original topic. The GS has a new immatriculation or registration under the nationwide scheme and unusually it has an interesting theme, BX for Bordeaux and GB for the other side of the Channel - very appropriate for the ICCCR.
    As I understand the procedure; if the ownership is transferred to a purchaser in France, then I provide a Controle Technique less than 6 months old which lists the defects, if any, but with no obligation on me to fix them. The purchaser transfers the registration to himself with the aid of a 5 part form signed by us both and accepted by the Prefecture. They then, if the CT shows a fault which needs a mantatory repair, they have to get it done, get a clean CT and include that to do the transfer. Otherwise you fix the faults at your leisure.
    If a car is to be exported permanently then the vendor has to declare a sale for export and the immatriculation is cancelled.
    In the case of this car, it is not but can be homologated for Classis Rallies as a current version of it in the 70's was Rally homologated and it is listed. Rally enthusiasts will revel in the paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    No, it is a Lancia.
    A Delta perhaps?

oops didn't see the further clarification - but anyway, there's a free pic of it

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Hi Gerry,

From your own judgment , is it in a condition to be able to cruise around Europe for a month or so without major dramas?

Would dearly love to know as this maybe an alternative to me having to hire a car around may-june, this year.

Also are you in a position to keep it until then, if the a deal is done?

Cheers,

Phil
    I shall need it for the H van meeting at the end of April, as visitor transport. After that it will be on sale in France.

Thread Information