GS Break Purchase - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 14 First 123456713 ... Last
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: GS Break Purchase

I have seen this bracket being used to carry a rectangular container of LHM. On my (South African) wagon I don't have that bracket, but instead have a clip that held a round tin of LHM.
    I have also seen it being used to carry the jack, but I don't think that is its intended purpose.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Advertisement
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 77 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

Sparkey, I wanted to echo Lamoors words.

That car has done really well having you take it on. It is so comforting to know it is in good hands and being fixed up straight away. You really know what you are doing too and it will be authentic and absolutely magnificant when complete.

Please keep up the pics too. There must be several of us really interested to see how it all goes.

The body paint will surely make it look new again.

Chris Mortimer

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post
    Sparkey, I wanted to echo Lamoors words.

That car has done really well having you take it on. It is so comforting to know it is in good hands and being fixed up straight away. You really know what you are doing too and it will be authentic and absolutely magnificant when complete.

Please keep up the pics too. There must be several of us really interested to see how it all goes.

The body paint will surely make it look new again.

Chris Mortimer
    qmusic, thank you for words of encouragement. In words of CCCV member, 'they are a relatively simple car to work on'. While waiting for dizzie from Germany, hit it with Araldite & works a treat, now fires on all 4. Few pics below, have thrown in chookshed, another project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-2013-03-23-12.31.56.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-02-22-17.09.26.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-01-18.30.47.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-01-12.10.54.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 1st April 2013 at 07:35 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Tadpole

Looking good. Its great to see the progress. Manifold came up well. In my stint around Europe in the GSA I managed to blow a hole in both at seperate times. I think it was the extreme mileage over a short time. But I can tell you they get real noisy with small hole. And it sounds like an old VW Combie with Led Zepplins Amps. A bit hairy when you are driving mountain passes in switzerland with snow laden mountains above you. The chook shed has come up a treat too. Is that a power cord I can see? Whats that for? the telly? Talk about animal rights!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Gs

[I adore it Sparkey. Would love to buy it but how could you with all that work. Well done mate. That is one fortunate car. Chris QUOTE=sparkey;1151742]qmusic, thank you for words of encouragement. In words of CCCV member, 'they are a relatively simple car to work on'. While waiting for dizzie from Germany, hit it with Araldite & works a treat, now fires on all 4. Few pics below, have thrown in chookshed, another project.[/QUOTE]

Ste
    Tadpole

I would like to echo the comments of everyone else- what an amazing job Sparky. That is a lucky car! Now I am itching to join in and find a GS of my own. Only question is sedan or break? And then finding one... I can't wait to see the next instalment of your restoration!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I would like to echo the comments of everyone else- what an amazing job Sparky. That is a lucky car! Now I am itching to join in and find a GS of my own. Only question is sedan or break? And then finding one... I can't wait to see the next instalment of your restoration!
    Brains Trust - can anyone advise on best product to buff-up stainless?

Used two products in pictures below using orbital buffer but hasn't got scratches out.
    Also progress on front rubber over riders. They were just hanging on by a thread. Used araldite to attach threaded bolt (actually bolt to hold cleats on clipless cycling shoes, was just right configuration).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-2013-04-13-08.57.38.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-13-08.58.04.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-13-08.58.17.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Brains Trust - can anyone advise on best product to buff-up stainless?

Used two products in pictures below using orbital buffer but hasn't got scratches out.
    Also progress on front rubber over riders. They were just hanging on by a thread. Used araldite to attach threaded bolt (actually bolt to hold cleats on clipless cycling shoes, was just right configuration).
    http://www.widman.biz/uploads/Polishing_Stainless.pdf

Have fun .... It sounds like lots of work!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    http://www.widman.biz/uploads/Polishing_Stainless.pdf

Have fun .... It sounds like lots of work!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Thanks a million Double Chevron. Will shout you a Holgate ale tomorrow if you happen to be at the CCCV Woodend run. The Chocolate beer is interesting, needs to be treated a bit like port. Its a little thick, don't think I'd like to get on it though.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Tadpole

if you having trouble finding struts for tailgate give me ring 0409405626 may be able to put you on to supply

Quote Originally Posted by andy bram View Post
    if you having trouble finding struts for tailgate give me ring 0409405626 may be able to put you on to supply
    Andybram, thank you for lead. Have sourced struts, all is good (tailgate doesn't fall on my head anymore)
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Does anyone happen to know what the holes near the light switch are for?

Little progress update, got the new wheel on, and used my $28 panel beater kit for dummies to whack out a few dings on the front bumper. Now getting it ready for Shane's stainless shine remedy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-2013-04-20-18.04.20.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-07-08.03.21.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-20-16.46.09.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-20-16.44.51.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Holes aren't standard.
    Steering wheel looks great.
    I've got a few bumpers that need the same treatment, but I'm not motivated to tackle them
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 77 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Holes aren't standard.
    I've got a few bumpers that need the same treatment, but I'm not motivated to tackle them
    Regarding my mystery holes, I have grabbed a picture off the GS Appreciation thread which seems to suggest on some cars there is some type of winder mechanism.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-gs_delft_dashboard_pallas%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-20-18.04.20.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 21st April 2013 at 06:23 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Fellow Frogger!

Dash light dimmer switch?

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    I believe that's what it is. We of course never got this dash in RHD form anywhere in the world.

The dimmer on RHD examples reside between the speedo and tacho.
    1972 SM

is the black stalk in the lower middle of the instrument panel. RHD cars never got the instrument panel pictured from the Appreciation thread, and as far as I know all RHD had the dimmer switch in the position yours is currently. I could be wrong about this, and given that the interior is a "bitsa" of course there's no guarantee that the instrument panel originally came with that dashboard. That ribbed panel between the wheel and instruments is from an earlier model. It could be from some non-standard accessory that has since been removed.
    Bruce H

What could you put there? Variable delay and intermittent wipe as the GS does not have any intermittent wipe function according to my memory. As long as you use similar knobs it should not look too bad.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Ste
    Tadpole

The new wheel makes a world of difference. Looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    What could you put there? Variable delay and intermittent wipe as the GS does not have any intermittent wipe function according to my memory. As long as you use similar knobs it should not look too bad.
    Similar looking knob sounds good to me. Was thinking maybe an aussie frogs sticker to cover the holes.
    Got some high gloss black onto the odd one out indicator lens. Should do the trick until I source some new ones. I could be corrected but they now look GX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-2013-03-30-07.25.00.jpg   GS Break Purchase-2013-04-21-16.57.59.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Black edged lenses were fitted to GSAs, all part of the black plastic look that marked the outside of the GSA ( mirrors; grille; windscreen rubber; door handles; etc.)
    Bruce H

Not GS-X, Bruce?
    1972 SM

Publications I have show GSX as having the "chrome" edged indicator lenses

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Default gs break purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Holes aren't standard.
    agree with Bruce, holes is not standard on any local model. it is made by previous owner perhaps. also agree ribbed panel below instrument cluster is from earlier model, like my first GS 1015.

Fellow Frogger!

Doing a great job with your GS sparkey and more importantly saving another GS from the scrap heap
    Slowly but surely it's starting to sink into people's heads just how amazing these little cars are, is it too late? I hope not, I'm lucky enough to have a nice example myself
    Will post some pics soon...

...here's a couple..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-dscf1843.jpg   GS Break Purchase-dscf1850.jpg  
    Last edited by raver; 23rd April 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Page 3 of 14 First 123456713 ... Last

Thread Information