GS Break Purchase - Page 13
  • Register
  • Help
Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: GS Break Purchase

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Very nice. Looks like it doesn't have a lot left to go (yes, I know- famous last words ). Got any interior shots yet, or is it still unfinished?

Advertisement
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Very nice. Looks like it doesn't have a lot left to go (yes, I know- famous last words ). Got any interior shots yet, or is it still unfinished?
    Hotrodelectic – thanks for feedback. Bit too early for interior shots, but will come eventually

My Cit club mate was off teaching arty people today but Daniel’s brother dropped in and supervised me fitting the bonnet

Man, with the bonnet on this car is really beginning to look like it rolled off the showroom floor

I’m not much of a sticker man, but Daniel has some really good ones

We are forging ahead and I can sense an all nighter coming up. We hope to have the car on display (it may not be absolutely finished) at the Concours in Melbs Sunday 17 April.

10 hours today - I’m pooped

http://citcarclubvic.org.au/wp-conte...l-17-2016..pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2034.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2035.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2031.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2029.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2030.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2027.jpg  

GS Break Purchase-img_2026.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 9th April 2016 at 09:13 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Icon14 Gorgeous.

God, that is going to be a show stopper. I'm very sympathetic to your all-nighter coming on. I remember 40hour+ days at the shop trying to get a Cadillac or a Lincoln or some such ready for a show. It's all worth it when you take home a 1st place right out of the box. This car has that potential.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

God, that is going to be a show stopper. I'm very sympathetic to your all-nighter coming on. I remember 40hour+ days at the shop trying to get a Cadillac or a Lincoln or some such ready for a show. It's all worth it when you take home a 1st place right out of the box. This car has that potential.
    Hotrodelectric - didn't end up doing an all nighter but was close. Only had 4 hrs sleep before back at work.

Punched out 11 hours today and its getting real close. Just some LHM return line issues that need sorting.

Its not going to make the Concours but I did get some cute Magneti Marelli struts for my Break (4 weeks in transit from Latvia - I was getting a little nervous)

http://citcarclubvic.org.au/wp-conte...l-17-2016..pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2060%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2059%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2061%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2054%5B1%5D.jpg  
    GreenBlood, mnm, leithant and 5 others like this.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Fellow Frogger!

It's kind of interesting how once upon a time we had Heidelberg Citroens.... and now we have Macleod GS Citroens. You could probably walk between the 2 in 10 mins and drive it in 5. Sparkey keeping the tradition going. The silver sedan looks great.

Cheers
    John
    sparkey likes this.

Daniel’s project is progressing well.

Finally isolated the LHM issue (return lines were blowing out at various junctions)

The gremlin was traced down to a join in a pipe which goes near the front brake valve up to the reservoir. A degraded joiner in the hose caused the blockage.

Wheel alignment next weekend

Still looking good for Shannon’s winter auction 11 July in Melbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2069%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2071%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2072%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2074%5B1%5D.jpg  
    GreenBlood and Hotrodelectric like this.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Daniel’s project is progressing well.

Finally isolated the LHM issue (return lines were blowing out at various junctions)

The gremlin was traced down to a join in a pipe which goes near the front brake valve up to the reservoir. A degraded joiner in the hose caused the blockage.

Wheel alignment next weekend

Still looking good for Shannon’s winter auction 11 July in Melbs
    You should be proud. Car looks terrific. Well done
    sparkey and ajaxvte like this.

Wheel alignment completed. 1mm toe-in.

Look at that cheeky Break photo bombing the Pallas fleet. Daniel's is on the right.

More photos to come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2084.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2087.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2088.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2090.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2092.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2108.jpg  

'73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

...Got any interior shots yet?...
    Hotrodelectric - here are some interior shots and a few others to boot.

Dan's best mate Andrew has a Pallas also which was coincidentally 130 production line numbers apart. The trapezium (oops polyhedron? - Robert Opron would be upset with me) car is Dan’s and is going to Shannons for the 11.7.16 auction.

Here they are together (there is another near identical GS in the pipeline - Tom also has a silver/blue interior Pallas on the way).

That Break just cannot take the hint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-dan5.jpg   GS Break Purchase-dan4.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2109.jpg   GS Break Purchase-dan8.jpg   GS Break Purchase-dan10.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2200.jpg  

GS Break Purchase-img_2192%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 4th September 2017 at 05:42 AM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

In the event people don't visit the For Sale section, here is the listing for Shannons 11.7.16 Winter Auction - No Reserve:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...WVD42O032T6FB/
    Last edited by sparkey; 10th June 2016 at 06:21 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Hotrodelectric - here are some interior shots and a few others to boot.

Dan's best mate Andrew has a Pallas also which was coincidentally only 130 production line numbers apart. The trapezium light car is Dan’s which is going to Shannons for the 11.7.16 auction.

Here they are together (there is another near identical GS in the pipeline - Tom also has a silver/blue interior Pallas on the way).

That Break just cannot take the hint.
    There's no way to hit the like button enough times.

There's no way to hit the like button enough times.
    Thanks Hotrodelectric - your support is always appreciated.

You are probably aware of the other thread kicking around - Citroen GS Pallas - Shannons . Bit of action happening there also.

Cheers
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

You are probably aware of the other thread kicking around - Citroen GS Pallas - Shannons . Bit of action happening there also.

Cheers
    Oh yah, I've been looking in on that one too. Someone is going to get a nice example for not a lot of money.

Fellow Frogger!

Sparkey very nice job on the leather trimmed (?) steering wheel on the GS going to Shannons
    sparkey likes this.

Tadpole

Sparkly, After seeing your car last night, I'm very impressed with the work you achieved. After seeing where many GS owners have started, I now realise how fortunate my find is. It has very little rust with a good interior. It drives well and really just needs some mechanical maintenance and later some new paint.
    I'm in Templestowe today of you get this message and in at DISC velodrome Tuesday if we can make contact.
    0412 348 848.
    Leon

A little buddy snuggled up to me at Preston Markets today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-13833168_10153869881783247_804236995_o%5B1%5D.jpg  
    forumnoreason likes this.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

garyk highlighted this in cars for sale, thought I'd bring it across for comment.

I believe it is a GSA, appears to have sunroof. Not sure if convertisseur (semi-auto) carried through to GSA 1300's so potentially a 5 speed.

Citroen Other GS Pallas 1983 | Trade Me

A unique car and one has just landed in Melbs (very pretty)

This is how they sometimes end up:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_1646.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_1647.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_1648.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_1649.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

What better way to celebrate céad míle fáilte than to rip the donk out and address a smokey engine issue

(for the curious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1ilte)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2446%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2448%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2564%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2565%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2567%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2568%5B1%5D.jpg  

jwyers and forumnoreason like this.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Hi Guys,

Didn't read through all the replies, so sorry if I'm telling you something you have already been told:

The glove box lid on early GS's was a friction catch, and after '72? that didn't comply with our design rules. While Citroen did change the catch to a lock later, that had already gone down the road of compliance by fitting just the bottom piece of the lid and grinding off where the catch would normally be. When the lid an lock became available, it wasn't considered wiorth re compliance due to the expense involved.

At Maxim Motor Sydney, we did bring in a lot of lids, and it wasn't too difficult to retro fit the lid, and make op a plate to take the catch and pop rivet it to the underside of the dash.

To change the front seat to later seats require making new mounts for the seats (they are narrower), and same goes with the wider console.

Best regards,

Greg
    sparkey likes this.
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The glove box lid on early GS's was a friction catch, and after '72? that didn't comply with our design rules...
    Thanks for comments Greg. The missing glove box lid just doesn't look right. Managed to source one off a wreck for my brown GS, hit it with vinyl grey paint and added all the bits, catch etc. My white GS was private import which meant glove box lid was included.

Incidentally, the GS Break that sold on ebay had a KG Motors - Armidale sticker on rear window. Come on all you Armididlians, was this the one floating around there in the '80s? If it was (there was only 2, a break and sedan), I knew the owner's brother - played bass in the Powder Monkeys
    http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...EAAOSwx6pYplhm

Bit of an update on drivers seat make good (Clarke Rubber - tonneau loop 75mm to replace 35 year old rubber ring). Plus back yard art installation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-s-l1600.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2601%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2602%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2595%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2603%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2604%5B1%5D.jpg  

'73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

What better way to celebrate céad míle fáilte than to rip the donk out and address a smokey engine issue

(for the curious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1ilte)
    Did it really take you exactly 12 or 24 hours to do the 0.6km to swing the ODO around to 000000? Or else time stood still for you, as I can't imagine that your clock doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    sparkey likes this.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston and an 89 Dolly (in NZ)

80 GSA - ready to restore
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

1000+ Posts

Incidentally, the GS Break that sold on ebay had a KG Motors - Armidale sticker on rear window. Come on all you Armididlians, was this the one floating around there in the '80s? If it was (there was only 2, a break and sedan), I knew the owner's brother - played bass in the Powder Monkeys

Sorry - only arrived in '93. Am pretty sure KG Motors sold a small number of Xantias before ceasing to sell Citroens - occasionally used to see Xantias in for service there even 10 years ago!

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
    Did it really take you exactly 12 or 24 hours to do the 0.6km to swing the ODO around to 000000? Or else time stood still for you, as I can't imagine that your clock doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
    Dave - clock doesn't work, but is set at 10 past 10 as all good watch advertisements do. Mentioned this to a jeweller who said after 35 years in the industry had never heard of this. Last time I walked past the Heidelberg jeweller all clocks were set at 10 past 10 (its thought to be smiling - 20 past 7 would be dull wouldn't it?)

Happy with the day's work - white GS donk out ready for replacement box. I believe a prior owner of this GS had the engine done up and gearbox replaced with a 2nd handy but was found to be too knarly. Synchro gone in 1st and a reverse gear I knew was going to pop one day - which it did. Bit like Russian roulette with the box I'm putting in but gotta start somewhere. It would be good if you could test a box outside the car, but a transmission place said it can't be done.

Get flywheel balanced this week, seal kit for callipers and tighten up that crazy loose dipstick tube. Still in the count for Tassie Citin? - maybe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Break Purchase-img_2612%5B1%5D.jpg   GS Break Purchase-img_2611%5B1%5D.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Dave - clock doesn't work, but is set at 10 past 10 as all good watch advertisements do. Mentioned this to a jeweller who said after 35 years in the industry had never heard of this. Last time I walked past the Heidelberg jeweller all clocks were set at 10 past 10 (its thought to be smiling - 20 past 7 would be dull wouldn't it?)

Happy with the day's work - white GS donk out ready for replacement box. I believe a prior owner of this GS had the engine done up and gearbox replaced with a 2nd handy but was found to be too knarly. Synchro gone in 1st and a reverse gear I knew was going to pop one day - which it did. Bit like Russian roulette with the box I'm putting in but gotta start somewhere. It would be good if you could test a box outside the car, but a transmission place said it can't be done.

Get flywheel balanced this week, seal kit for callipers and tighten up that crazy loose dipstick tube. Still in the count for Tassie Citin? - maybe
    Sparky. If you can't get it ready for sit in you are welcome to borrow the gsa

Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last

Thread Information