Help with a 2cv hood
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Help with a 2cv hood

Was wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with photographs and or setout dimensions for the location of the fixing points of the arm and brackets of the front part of the hood? By way of explanation, I am fitting a new model hood to an old 2cv which did not have the option to partially open the hood and hence no brackets above the windscreen and no folding arm mechanism. Thanks in advance! Paul

Advertisement

JBN

Do you have the hood tensioning frame? This is the frame that fits the front part of the hood and flips back to give a sunroof effect. Have a look at this photo on the ECAS site:

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/roof-t...od-p-1949.html

I have taken some photos of my 2CV. If you have a genuine frame as above, I can go and measure where the bracket screw holes are in the body and take a photo of exactly where the frame ends in relation to the body/windscreen. Remember the existing bracket screw points have captive nuts. If your vehicle never had a frame, you could try self tappers to hold the bracket in the first instance. There is a fair bit of force on the brackets when tensioning the hood.

Took a photo showing location of bracket (drivers side) and distance of screw holes from the inside frame of the windscreen lip (270mm and 310mm respectively).

Help with a 2cv hood-hood-brackets.jpg

If you don't have the frame, the easiest is to procur one from either 2CViking in France or Ecas. The only downer is the freight because of its dimensions.

John
    Last edited by JBN; 23rd February 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Paul didn't you receive the closing H bracket etc? See this http://www.mehariclub.com/images/art...apote_2cv1.pdf

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Do you have the hood tensioning frame? This is the frame that fits the front part of the hood and flips back to give a sunroof effect. Have a look at this photo on the ECAS site:

http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/roof-t...od-p-1949.html

I have taken some photos of my 2CV. If you have a genuine frame as above, I can go and measure where the bracket screw holes are in the body and take a photo of exactly where the frame ends in relation to the body/windscreen. Remember the existing bracket screw points have captive nuts. If your vehicle never had a frame, you could try self tappers to hold the bracket in the first instance. There is a fair bit of force on the brackets when tensioning the hood.

Took a photo showing location of bracket (drivers side) and distance of screw holes from the inside frame of the windscreen lip (270mm and 310mm respectively).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hood Brackets.jpg 
Views:	983 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	40155

If you don't have the frame, the easiest is to procur one from either 2CViking in France or Ecas. The only downer is the freight because of its dimensions.

John
    Thankyou very much John! Will proceed with confidence

Tadpole

Yes, thanks Cpt Viking - thanks too for the article. P

Thread Information