CX and BX on ebay...
  • Help

Default CX and BX on ebay...

Hi guys...

Just accidentally found these old girls on ebay last nite... thinking if someone might want to bring them home!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-C...ht_1436wt_1186

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-C...#ht_500wt_1203

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-B...#ht_500wt_1203

Happy bidding...

Advertisement

Citroneer

AX 1.1 (Malaysia)
    BX 1.9 Diesel (Malaysia)
    CX 2400 Pallas (Aussie)
    ZX 16V (Malaysia)

Preowned...

CX Pallas 2.0 TRE (1985)
    DS 20 Pallas (1968) Dad's car

The gold CX is mine. Will never have the time or space to restore it so there's no point in dreaming. It must go. Also losing my garage space for it doesn't help. Can squeeze a GS in the garage with the others but not a CX - they're too bloody big!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    The gold CX is mine. Will never have the time or space to restore it so there's no point in dreaming. It must go. Also losing my garage space for it doesn't help. Can squeeze a GS in the garage with the others but not a CX - they're too bloody big!
    This car looks like a decent starting point for a restoration. \pity you can't accommodate it any longer. It is slightly smaller than a D are you sure you do not have room?
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Hi Donat,

It is nice to know the CX is yours... I strongly believe that mostly anyone who own any citroen for years especially the old one, definitely got a passion in it! It is pretty sad that these "invention masterpiece" models are getting less nowadays... I wish you could get someone that have a passion in it...

Personally, I grown up with DS model that belong to my father at the age of 8-9 years old and always wanted to own one later. The CX is my childhood dream as well. I still remember in the early 80s... I always tried to explore my neighbor's CX prestige every time I got the chance to play at their house... Only back in 2004 (Malaysia), I managed to own a CX. Now in Australia, I bought another one... I'm pretty happy with that as the dream came through..

I wish you good luck to find a buyer with a good price as well!

Citroeneer

AX 1.1 (Malaysia)
    BX 1.9 Diesel (Malaysia)
    CX 2400 Pallas (Aussie)
    ZX 16V (Malaysia)

Preowned...

CX Pallas 2.0 TRE (1985)
    DS 20 Pallas (1968) Dad's car

Default Re: CX and BX on ebay...

Donat's cx looks good. I wish I had more storage space (doesn't everybody). We have lots of disused barns in this area. Even an ex chicken farm and every time we walk past it (daily) I wonder how many CXs could be stored in those sheds - hundreds maybe.
    The door card solution looks the same I tried in my cx pallas. Is that material called 'microsuede'. I was not that good glueing it on the doorcards though. It did a good job on headlining.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

I can't keep dumping cars in my in-laws shed which is over an hour away as they're selling. Thus something must go.

No one these days wants a GS, so for now it stays. I'm spoilt for choice with my fleet.

If only it was in Victoria. I've always had an interest in the CX (ever since a teacher at primary school had one), but not yet a passion. I'm sure that will come when I own one.

It really doesn't look like it would take too much to get it registered, and on the road.

JBN

It already has plates. Why not buy it and drive it to Victoria. I am sure you will end up with a passion. The steering is incorrectly described as power assisted steering (PAS). It is actually fully powered steering and self centering with very few turns lock to lock. An adventure in itself. The car looks great as long as you keep the bonnet closed.

John

Thank you Citroeneer for your kind words.

My life story is similar to yours. My dad owned CX's from 1980-1985 and had a DSpťcial somewhere in between so I grew up around them as a kid. I blame him for this terrible affliction!

My CX would need the bad points addressed before going over a pit for a roadworthy. The gearbox and drive-shafts is worth more than what it'll end up selling for. Perfect for someone with an Auto CX 25 GTi to use as a donor for a manual conversion!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Unfortunately I don't have the time, and I like to play things too safe. When I bought my Renault Clio from Sydney, I was planning on driving that down, but after I thought about being stuck somewhere along the Hume, near some country town where the mechanic only knew Fords and Holdens, a truck was simplest.

I'm really surprised at how cheap CX's are, given their technology at the time. Still I guess there aren't too many 30 year old cars that are worth much anywhere.

Glad you ended up with such a good price for it donat.

When a CX is taken care of properly, it's almost unbreakable and can take quite a merciless flogging. It's not unusual for CX owners to go out west and take on corrugated roads, sand dunes and the like with them. And of course they were rallied extensively in the late 1970s with varying results.

I'm happy with the result and I'm sure the owner is too. The bidding got quite fierce! Now you'll see a tidal wave of CXs popping up on Ebay (as such things so often happen).
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Thread Information