C5 hdi oil and filter service
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 hdi oil and filter service

After visiting the new kid on the block(dealer)I was not impressed, so I have decided to carry out my own 10k oil and filter service, I have the correct oil but I will need an oil filter, air filter, fuel filter appart from going to the dealer I would need advice as to where to buy the necessary items, and the best way to remove the oil filter cap, I have a 27mm socket but its too long, do I need to get a ring spanner?, do I need to bleed the water out of the fuel system, any advice would be appreciated.
    Looking back at the way I was treated, and the sloppy service received from a previous so called dealer, I have no intention of dealing with someone who has no Idea what to do.

Advertisement

I will address my concerns in regard to sloppy service and attitude problems with the new Importer.

Fellow Frogger

It's a fairly late C5 isn't it? Obviously, you can buy the parts from a dealer or aftermarket suppliers like Dapco and EAI or from overseas outfits like GSF, even via eBay. The air filter should be easy, but I'd thought a 6 sided socket was what you'd want for the oil filter. For the fuel filter, you should be able to unscrew the top, noting there is an overflow tube, remove the element, refit the top and bleed it with the rubber bulb. The fuel filter housing has a drain, but be careful not to cross thread the plug if you remove it as it will then leak.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks David I have a 2010 C5 hdi, also a six sided socket which will need to be cut down, unfortunaely I have RA in my hands will try not to use the socket.

tony

Thread Information