GS Parts Websites
  • Help

Default GS Parts Websites

Can anyone offer some international websites for GS parts?

Advertisement

Looked at http://www.chevronics.co.uk/ , they have a bit of stuff but don't indicate price or if in stock. Then they go on to say only email if you're serious about purchasing because they have to deal with many emails each day.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

http://www.franzoesische-klassiker-s...jectID=7215405

Try this chap in Germany. Daniel Engelhardt. Reasonable prices, fast shipping and if he doesn't stock it, he can get it. I've used him for a few years now and he's the man for GS parts in my opinion.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Default GS Parts

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post

Try this chap in Germany. Daniel Engelhardt. Reasonable prices, fast shipping and if he doesn't stock it, he can get it. I've used him for a few years now and he's the man for GS parts in my opinion.
    That is gold. Felt like I spent hours trawling the web. You get so much rubbish and its repetitive.

Many thanks!
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

I use Chevronics. He knows more about the GS than most living souls and carries a wide range of parts. Because he is swamped with email for advice, it is best to ring him and discuss. Bear in mind though, that there is very little re-manufacture for the GS and parts are running out. The French wreckers carry very few cars of this era now because of the scrapping bonuses and the recycling regulations.
    The 2 French GS parts suppliers that I know are unwilling to export and only speak French.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

Be careful with Chevronics, they slap you with VAT when then shouldn't and when you enquire why they shrug it off and say oh well, we'll give you a discount on your next order.

Hence I give them a wide berth, and tell all my friends

I have to pay VAT so it is no issue.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Default gs pallas

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post

i have tried Daniel from Germany and also Chevronics, with excellent results. Remember when you are chasing up parts for such a rare car NOW, it is the best you can find at the time, and depending on how FAB a resto or how long you want to keep the car on the road you have to get it where ever you can find it.

As an example for my car i found 1 x drivers side long pallas rub mould in Penrith, 2 x short front guard moulds in Germany, 1 x rear door and 1 x front door mould in England and the the last one i polished up to as good as new, that was on the car. Searching was done on the net with a lot of patience. The upside is the story it creates during and after the car is completed. it adds a wonderful history and thread to the whole experience. From a personal point of view the journey is so rewarding.
    all the best with you hunt for parts, they are out there !

Thread Information