Good on em I think!

All I want is a DS5 diesel "manual"!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

I would have gone for a C4 Exclusive Petrol Turbo Manual, but I guess it is not to be.

Default Citroen revitalised!

Looks like they're determined to grow their market share and achieve some ambitious sales targets. Definitely a step in the right direction.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

I'm glad to see that a "rationalisation" of the model range hasn't led to some models just being dropped altogether - compared with the decades where Australian Citroen buyers only got to choose from a tiny fragment of the European model range, their model offerings are broad. Certainly there will still be some who can't get the motor or gearbox they want in the body of their choice, but that has always been the case, and is with all auto manufacturers. I wonder if they have used their Peugeot experience to determine which specifications to market - it seems unlikely given their two tier strategy.

Now they just need to try to keep to their own pricing - rather than the merry-go-round of specials and price reductions that have seen Citroen DS3 buyers have the bespoke experience of losing around 20% of their vehicle's value through Citroen's price reductions over two years, on top of any standard depreciation. I'm glad I didn't lock into a lease, that I assume many new DS range buyers may be doing, and be facing a residual the market wouldn't support. Price discounting on models that aren't selling well may get some new buyers in the door, but it also scares off the buyers of the brand who, come replacement time, then know how fickle the RRP of their car has been.

Let's also hope that fixed price servicing doesn't come at the expense of the appropriate servicing of owners who do have problems with their cars, through a chain of knowledgable dealers. Having been through a newly managed Citroen dealer process before ( and having the service department point to the [not even correct mechanical specification] Haynes manual as "proof" that my car which they couldn't fix was missing part of its wiring loom at a plug, which even I recognised as being the diagnostic socket), I'd rather have a service person who knows how to fix my car, than have valeting. Thus far I haven't had a significant problem with my DS3, but I read enough forums to know the range is not 100% trouble-free, and I'd like to know I could trust the dealer's service if I need to.

They're generally making the right noises, now I'll wait to see how they act on them.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

TRT

This provides something of a relief to me. My 2011 C5 (2.2) Exclusive doesn't seem to have suffered as much depreciation as others. I paid around $60,000 on the road with factory sun roof. Looks like the 2.2 will now be selling for around $56-57K on the road.

Incidentally when we had a recall last year the notice only listed fourteen 2.2 VINs, so they are a pretty rare breed. Will be good to have a few more around now that they are going to actively market the model. Should make getting insurance easier.

I'm not seeing a 2.2 on that page. Was that a transitional model?
    My December 2011 C5 Exclusive is a 2.0.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Now they just need to try to keep to their own pricing - rather than the merry-go-round of specials and price reductions that have seen Citroen DS3 buyers have the bespoke experience of losing around 20% of their vehicle's value through Citroen's price reductions over two years, on top of any standard depreciation. .
    Agree. Or worse, flood the market with cheap Chinese manufactured DS models in direct competition. They are already going to roll out chinese DS5's and maybe 4's , but they are saying they are only for the chinese market. I for one would be seriously unimpressed if I saw one here.

Sweet!

Still not going to buy one. Spec wise, the drivetrains in the C4 are still lacking against what else is out there in the market!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra View Post
    .......please discuss!

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257B1000021A13

Good on em I think!

All I want is a DS5 diesel "manual"!
    You'd spend $50k on a car with crappy C4 suspension under it The C5 would be a far better car with the hydraulic under it
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You'd spend $50k on a car with crappy C4 suspension under it The C5 would be a far better car with the hydraulic under it
    Not everyone wants that though. The coil spring variants of the C5 filled a gap in the market where people wanted something bigger than a C4, not a Picasso style car and not hydraulic suspension. Regardless of the technical merit of hydro-pneumatic suspension, when people have so many choices in the marketplace, you don't want to give them reasons to leave your brand. The reality is that the majority of Citroen products have had coil/leaf springs. Very good ride and even self-levelling can be achieved with steel springs and that suits a very large segment of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Not everyone wants that though. The coil spring variants of the C5 filled a gap in the market where people wanted something bigger than a C4, not a Picasso style car and not hydraulic suspension. Regardless of the technical merit of hydro-pneumatic suspension, when people have so many choices in the marketplace, you don't want to give them reasons to leave your brand. The reality is that the majority of Citroen products have had coil/leaf springs. Very good ride and even self-levelling can be achieved with steel springs and that suits a very large segment of the market.
    You forgot torsion bars! ~750,000 of them not counting the H vans!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Yes, I did. Something of an oversight. I should have just noted 'steel' to cover every sin!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Maybe Citroen should try using there own 80year old torsion bars then.... In an attempt to get some ride quality :roflmoa: The traction certainly rides better than a C4 .... And handles like a go-kart I've got few friends on facebook that rushed out and tried the DS5 when it was released overseas, they complained it was incredibly hard in the suspension, one even reckoned you'd need a kidney belt to travel in one

I figured they were all just people that drove old DS's and CX's ...... so were far from unbiased. The first road test I found described the ride quality like this:

The payoff is the ride quality, which has this 1.5-ton car crashing around like a fork in a food mixer.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...S5-review.html

You can only assume every road in Europe is as smooth as a sheet of glass these days

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

That article is interesting but inaccurate, probably for simplicity. I note it lists the diesel Picasso as a 1.6, and even implies that it always was a 1.6, never mind the whole auto bit through out the article. If it is now a 1.6 HDi, which would be EGS not full auto, then this is a mistake imho. The Picasso is a fairly heavy car and has a surprisingly high GVM which would really tax the smaller engine. My wife took ours to Batemans Bay several weeks ago with 3 adults and 3 kids, and a boot load of stuff, and while it didn't struggle she commented more power(torque) would have made it abit easier. Going backwards would be a big mistake. On the other hand, having a quick look at the refreshed Citroen Au website I notice it's now a pretty much straight lift from the UK site, again talking about the Picasso it now specifically mentions the LED DRLs and optional Bixenon headlights.
    Now if only the upcoming Grand Picasso had hydro suspension, I note on one of the Picasso forums speculation had it on a C5 platform!

The CitroŽn Australia website was "refreshed" two years ago - it's not new - into its current woeful state. It currently contains no technical info, prices or downloadable brochures on the cars it sells. It's abysmal.

Any website that requires or demands Flash to run (indeed display any content) is rubbish. I hope Sime Derby correct this aspect pretty soon.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information