Replacement Citroen Dealership in Canberra...
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Replacement Citroen Dealership in Canberra...

Icon4 Replacement Citroen Dealership in Canberra...

Hi Folks,

You may already know this, but according to today's Canberra Times, Melrose Automobiles in Phillip have been given the Citroen franchise in Canberra.

Given that they have been the long-term Peugeot dealership, I suppose its not surprising...

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz
    1999 Xantia SX 16 valve 5 Speed (Jetzt mit Komfortkugeln!)

Advertisement

TRT

Quote Originally Posted by XantiaHead View Post
    Hi Folks,

You may already know this, but according to today's Canberra Times, Melrose Automobiles in Phillip have been given the Citroen franchise in Canberra.

Given that they have been the long-term Peugeot dealership, I suppose its not surprising...

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz
    Thanks Andrew. Not surprised after Gulson's took on Alfa and Fiat as well as Citroen and Porsche. Mind you I was waiting patiently for the day they would offer me a Porsche as a courtesy car, instead of the Fiat Punto they gave me last time.

Hmmmm, now all I have to do is get my C9 (C4 & C5) to Woden instead of Fyshwick.

And when does the change-over take place? Problem is C4 needs some work now - so do I take it to Melrose or Gulson's?

TRT

I suppose it depends on whether the necessary replacement parts are generic PSA (i.e. Peugeot or Citroen), or Citroen specific.

It might be best to ring both dealers to find out how servicing, etc. are being handled at the moment.

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz

TRT

Just read the paper. Would appear Melrose is a second, rather than a replacement dealer (my misunderstanding there).

Interesting for me. The C4 is essentially a Peugeot 307 (complete with Peugeot written on the brake callipers), but the C5 appears to be 100% Cit. Guess it might boil down to whch provides cheaper service - at least there will an 2 competitors now.

Tony
    Last edited by TRT; 9th February 2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: clarification

I think I better have a look at the paper again...

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, I thought I saw a Gulsons advert in the motoring section which had the badges of all the marques they sell, with Citroen not featured.

If that's the case, I wonder who the other dealer would be?

Oh well, time will tell...

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz

Gulsons stopped looking after Citroen mid January, they were only servicing prior bookings. I'm not surprised Melrose is the new dealer, I'm guessing the "other" dealer would be Esquire cars, which is actually a satellite of Melrose here Queanbeyan. I'd be looking into DA for dealerships to see what's going on, that said Mercedes has had DA for a new site near DFO for the last 2 years!

UFO

Yeah Canberra airport needs more businesses surrounding it. Pretty soon there'll be complaints about 'planes in the carpark!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

DFO is Fyshwick, you're thinking of the old Brand Depot site at the airport. I don't think the McGrath group want's to part with that much money! We keep getting the Airport trying to get us to move out there, we've BOUGHT airports for less then what they want to charge us a year to lease!

Tadpole

In discussion with both Melrose Autos and Gulsons, it appears the 'handover' is progressing, but slowly. Melrose received the OK for doing warranty work on citroens last week and have now commenced doing services.
    While Gulsons no longer have the computer access to citroen that they had in the past they still have a stock of parts and are continuing to do services.

Mike

Just Melrose in Phillip or is their Esquire cars satellite center in Queanbeyan doing Citroen as well? I've been keeping a close eye on Esquire but didn't go past them today.

It's official, Melrose Automotive is now the official Citroen dealer in Canberra as updated on Citroen Australia's website, must have done it in the last couple of days because I checked on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    It's official, Melrose Automotive is now the official Citroen dealer in Canberra as updated on Citroen Australia's website, must have done it in the last couple of days because I checked on Thursday.
    Hooray. Now all you ACT dwellers need to do is go and buy new Citroens to keep them there. I wonder how many will?
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

The wife and I are currently discussing the eventual replacement of her Colt when we buy the new house. Idea is she takes over the Picasso, since she does the school run/babysits her brother and sister's respective kids/takes dog to vet etc, and I get something small for the commute. Seriously thinking about a C3 or a C4, or maybe a DS3. Or maybe even a C5 tourer, would have bought 1 rather then the Picasso except the dog doesn't quiet fit! Although now he lies down in the Picasso I think he would have in the C5, and the proper suspension would have been nicer for him as well.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    .... except the dog doesn't quiet fit!
    Trade the dog!

Icon7

Our dogs hate the Alfa Spider, tolerate the Land Rover (air suspension), and enjoy the Xantia (comfort spheres).

Says it all really...

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz
    1999 Xantia SX 16 valve 5 speed (Jetzt mit Komfortkugeln!)

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Trade the dog!
    Negative, wife's dog. Safer to buy another car.

TRT

Well I tried out our new Canberra dealer today with my C4. Pretty impressed - although all they did was a service. Liked the fact that had lots of Total oils on display. They're still not up to speed with the admin computers for listing models and the like, but their test equipment appears to work fine - same as Peugeot perhaps?

They don't have the leather lounges or car transport back to my work (which means I have to catch a bus), but the bill was a fraction of what I am used to from the other mob.

Car goes back for some more diagnostic work in a few weeks. Will keep you posted.

TRT

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by TRT View Post
    Well I tried out our new Canberra dealer today with my C4. Pretty impressed - although all they did was a service. Liked the fact that had lots of Total oils on display. They're still not up to speed with the admin computers for listing models and the like, but their test equipment appears to work fine - same as Peugeot perhaps?

They don't have the leather lounges or car transport back to my work (which means I have to catch a bus), but the bill was a fraction of what I am used to from the other mob.

Car goes back for some more diagnostic work in a few weeks. Will keep you posted.

TRT
    I thought it a bad omen on Friday when I rang up chasing after some LHM at short notice - after the customary 'L-H-what?' from the counter staff I was told that they don't stock any and would need to order it in. A call into Gulson shortly thereafter proved more successful with a 5L container obtained. Apparently they have 1 more in stock for those in need.

Surely if there's one thing the service agent for Cits should have in stock it's some of the good green stuff?

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by LeRob View Post
    I thought it a bad omen on Friday when I rang up chasing after some LHM at short notice - after the customary 'L-H-what?' from the counter staff I was told that they don't stock any and would need to order it in. A call into Gulson shortly thereafter proved more successful with a 5L container obtained. Apparently they have 1 more in stock for those in need.

Surely if there's one thing the service agent for Cits should have in stock it's some of the good green stuff?
    You've got to remember the last model sold that used LHM was the Xantia - and the last of those was sold about 12 years ago. There is no requirement for a new Citroen dealer to stock LHM to service the modern vehicles.

For CCCNSW members, there is a club member who stocks and sells LHM to members in Canberra.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

The saga of the local Citroen dealer continues. Melrose Automobiles is no more, the Lennock group has taken over the Phillip operation while Peugeot/Citroen/Tata are now a separate entity in Fyshwick. All operations are now based at the Fyshwick site.

Thread Information