Sime Darby motors
  • Help

Default Sime Darby motors

Has everyone received the letter re. The new importers???

Advertisement

Yep, pretty much a rehash of the press release.
    Interestingly mine has both my car's chassis number and another chassis number, partially blacked out, as a reference.

No, but ATECO seemed to be unable to register me as an owner online (I got some reply about awaiting confirmation but never more), so I'm probably not on their database (Hate to say it, but my car salesman was as good as useless and didn't last).
    Does it say anything about your warranty, as I have heard that the 3rd year of warranty was importer provided, not Citroen provided?
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Says nothing about warranty or even dealers, which is still a concern for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Does it say anything about your warranty, as I have heard that the 3rd year of warranty was importer provided, not Citroen provided?
    100% true

Fellow Frogger!

I got the letter also. Last sentence on the second para clearly says 'you should note there are no changes to existing new vehicle warranties or roadside assistance.'

I assume then that warranty continues for the full three years under Sime Darby.

In my view, what the new importer needs to promote the brand with current owners and generate goodwill is the following:
    - offer the option for owners to buy extended warranty within the new car warranty period as per the peugeot policy
    - introduced capped servicing - retrospective to current owners within the new vehicle warranty period would be nice. Note also entices owners to use citroen service which surely must have a financial benefit to them. You can after all service your car elsewhere and not void warranty if they are licensed mechanics and use genuine parts.
    - align Citroen service intervals with Peugeot - they essentially share most drive train components so why the difference.

They already have 3,000 or so customers who bought in the last couple of years. Nurturing those customers with the above is not going to be costly for them (not asking for freebies), but will generate goodwill leading to a potentially loyal customer base.

Yes, more benefit in retaining existing customers, rather than put all your efforts into getting new customers.

I agree with Kaza1.

Tadpole

Was the letter from Sime Darby on email or regular snail-mail? I didnt get one. I am wondering if my dealer has registered the sale properly. Or was there something I was supposed to do myself?

Fellow Frogger!

Call the Citroen customer service line and beget them to update your details on their database.

Mine came snail mail.

Tadpole

Yeh came in todays mail. The snails are especially slow round my way. Sign of the times. They can get an ebay package from the states in as little as 3 days. A postcard from the same place takes 3 weeks. go figure.

1000+ Posts

Guessing that Ballarat European will get The Cit.dealership to add to the Pugs?
    Will find out when I get a chance if no one gives the 'heads up'
    Pekay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Yes, more benefit in retaining existing customers, rather than put all your efforts into getting new customers.
    Notwithstanding the current no dealer debacle, such as it is, we're already thinking about adding another Citroen, or 2, to the stable pending new garage, and house. Plan is for the wife to officially take over the Picasso, it's actually in her name, and for me to buy a C3 to use as my commuter. I've already done a deal so I can buy a project car, thinking BX 16Valve. Then there is the Picasso's replacement in a few years time, pretty good chance we'll just buy the new model.

Apparently the plan for the "new" Citroen Australia is to be more exclusive but have more dealers!

As I stated in another post the plan for a new dealership in Newcastle is not to be part of the Peugeot dealership.

Thread Information