Two 2CV's for sale
  • Register
  • Help

Default Two 2CV's for sale

My LHD 1956 and 1988 RHD 2CV's are now advertised on Carsales.

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Why don't you stick the early one on ebay US. They seem to worth little in Australia (look at the few that have sold recently. pottsy, peter ... etc... bugger all)..... But are highly collectable and sought after overseas

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Why don't you stick the early one on ebay US. They seem to worth little in Australia (look at the few that have sold recently. pottsy, peter ... etc... bugger all)..... But are highly collectable and sought after overseas

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Mmmm...... Yes,there is a thought. Thank you Shane,

JBN

Bertie, why don't you also advertise them on Aussie Frogs? You can include the link to the Carsales ad for further information. You probably have access here to more potential 2CV buyers that Carsales.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post

seeya,
    Shane L.
    I think 2cv's are so overpriced here, for me they are a $3000 car tops, should be able to pick up a slapper for $500 but I guess those days are gone
    I got rear ended in mine on new years eve...

Naturally all the insurers recommended panel shops wouldn't touch it so they sent out an assessor to value it. The assessor had no documentation or information about the 2cv on there systems but ended coming back with a figure based on a 1987 2cv that went to auction, mine is '74, he said mine is worth $10600, less the cost of the wreak which he found someone that would take it away for $1750, so the insurance will pay me $8850... I'm happy with that.

That '57 looks tasty!

I'll pass the word around Bertie.

HArley

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pastinha View Post
    I think 2cv's are so overpriced here, for me they are a $3000 car tops, should be able to pick up a slapper for $500 but I guess those days are gone

Naturally all the insurers recommended panel shops wouldn't touch it so they sent out an assessor to value it. The assessor had no documentation or information about the 2cv on there systems but ended coming back with a figure based on a 1987 2cv that went to auction, mine is '74, he said mine is worth $10600, less the cost of the wreak which he found someone that would take it away for $1750, so the insurance will pay me $8850... I'm happy with that.

That '57 looks tasty!

HArley
    Didn't go out New year's eve, so no dints. One of my mates did and had her foot troden on, diferent spin on a broken boot...

JBN

Sorry to hear about your plight, Harley. Thats the one that you spent a real lot of time on, isn't it? You even closed over the rear quarter windows?

Doesn't look too bad. new bootlid and new rear panel. Should be able to beat out the bottom of the body panels on each side. Would make a good Raid car as is...has a bit of Raid "cred" with the dents.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Pastinha View Post

That '57 looks tasty!

HArley
    Gee, I would have loved the "wreck" for that price. You could't found out where it went to, as i would love to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Sorry to hear about your plight, Harley. Thats the one that you spent a real lot of time on, isn't it? You even closed over the rear quarter windows?

Doesn't look too bad. new bootlid and new rear panel. Should be able to beat out the bottom of the body panels on each side. Would make a good Raid car as is...has a bit of Raid "cred" with the dents.

John
    Hey John, i thought you knew your 2CV's. If you look at the front doors, there're suicide ones, I reckon it is an early 60's one hence sans rear window. I also think it if it is RHD now, it would have been LHD before as I don't think they were sold like that in England. Come to think in Holland you could in the early seventies buy the yellow no frills special without the rear windows but it had the "normal" doors perhaps, not sure now.

Bertie, why don't you also advertise them on Aussie Frogs? You can include the link to the Carsales ad for further information. You probably have access here to more potential 2CV buyers that Carsales.

John
    Well, I did put the red LHD on Aussie Frogs a year or so ago and the 404 and nobody came to look at them at all. And I am so hopeless with linking anything to anything. It is a wonder they appear in Carsales because Trish did it for me. Cost me an Indian meal!

JBN

Well spotted Bertie. I didn't see the suicide doors. I seem to remember Harley was lowering and making various modification to a 2CV on the old 2CV Club Australia site and I thought he filled in the rear quarter windows.

Unfortunately with a bad memory but a good imagination, I never know for sure what the plot is.

For less than $2000, this wreck would be a good candidate for the 2CV Compliancing problem. Move the VIN plate to the other car and the plates. Stamp in the official engine number onto the block and ditch the SA Citroen one, then put it onto Club Plates. But, of course, you can't do that in Victoria as they don't have the convict heritage of Nuisance Wails.

John

Well spotted Bertie. I didn't see the suicide doors. I seem to remember Harley was lowering and making various modification to a 2CV on the old 2CV Club Australia site and I thought he filled in the rear quarter windows.

Unfortunately with a bad memory but a good imagination, I never know for sure what the plot is.

For less than $2000, this wreck would be a good candidate for the 2CV Compliancing problem. Move the VIN plate to the other car and the plates. Stamp in the official engine number onto the block and ditch the SA Citroen one, then put it onto Club Plates. But, of course, you can't do that in Victoria as they don't have the convict heritage of Nuisance Wails.

John
    I am hoping nobody shows any interest in the LHD one as it has a great body, (like my self), and I have a 602 spare motor with gearbox to put in.But I also need a good later model bonnet as the ripple one will not fit over the bigger motor I have been told. But hang on, didn't Jim Dawson put a 602 in a ripple bonnet car? Still, I prefer the later bonnet anyway.

Fellow Frogger

Yes, he welded up the rear windows, lowered the body and changed the doors and so on.
    Memory is not failing you quite yet!

Fellow Frogger!

Why wont the panel shops touch it ?????

My front looked like that after a Kanga and my 5 year old took it on , he has more courage than the panel boys ,,,,,,,and he hammered out the bonnet and painted it,,,

and I bought a new coil and fan, the animal took away half the coil , but I got home on 1 cylinder

Around that time I made up a steel adaptor to run a Z158, oil Filter , which looks a lot larger than the stocker , and the Z158 is common

I change oil on average before 3000 KMS, in a 2CV and 10000KMS on the rest of my cars, and I moly the plugs about every 1000 and grease the king pins and steering and splines about every 1000, and

Castor oil the springs

Sorry Im off topic , nice one Harley , I was always impressed and amazed with your work , and a bit surprised you would let go of that very special 2CV you built
    Last edited by Renburg; 28th January 2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Yes, he welded up the rear windows, lowered the body and changed the doors and so on.
    Memory is not failing you quite yet!
    Oops, there goes my theory.

Thread Information