Extremely Rare Traction for Sale.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Extremely Rare Traction for Sale.

Check out the cars for sale section for an extremely rare Big 15 Family 9.

Advertisement

Cheers.

Chris.

Fellow Frogger

I gather that's one of the cars that operated as a wedding car in Sydney some years ago.

How many have survived? The Commerciale from that batch is being restored and I've seen or heard of a few Family 9's. I'm sure there was a similar thread on these cars the last time this one came up for sale. Was it a year or two back now?

This Traction is on it's way to my shed , first Citroen too, looking forward to it !
    1963 Morris Cooper 997
    1964 Sunbeam Tiger
    1969 Austin 1800
    1969 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3S
    1969 Morris Cooper S

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I get to see it around town then
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I get to see it around town then
    Straight to club rego!
    1963 Morris Cooper 997
    1964 Sunbeam Tiger
    1969 Austin 1800
    1969 Morris Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by OnSafari View Post
    Straight to club rego!
    Yep.... just like my cars
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!

A wonderful car. Michael with Froggy name IDEAR is in Castlemaine. We have a Big 15 so we'll catch up with you sometime. There is the odd car event Castlemaine way and ofcourse round Ballarat.

Congratulations, John Paas.

Fellow Frogger!

Yes there is a growing interest to use club permits - and some clubs are responding to ensure new members are actually becoming involved in club activities and not just using the system.

One club in Gippsland requires members to attend a certain number of events every year - this is a trend that will grow I think as many clubs are not interested in just being used.

Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Yes there is a growing interest to use club permits - and some clubs are responding to ensure new members are actually becoming involved in club activities and not just using the system.

One club in Gippsland requires members to attend a certain number of events every year - this is a trend that will grow I think as many clubs are not interested in just being used.

Hawk
    Yeah i agree, you can't have poeple driving there own cars right ... These will be the same people that tried hard to stop the new permit scheme too I wouldn't bother being a member of a club that tried to have "power" over there membership like this. If the CCCV or CCOCA tried this, that would be the last time I'd ever bother being a member.

The clubs need to bend over backwards, even if it's just to get new members that don't get to club meetings. The club stays viable while it has members. Unless you want an ever dwindling club with the average age of it's members of 80years ........ Especially clubs like the Citroen car clubs. A lot of members are to regional to go to many events. The younger demographic with kids will struggle to get for example to the other side of melbourne so simply won't bother.

Clubs need to bend over to make it easy to attract new members, not make it harder.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 12th February 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post

Hawk
    That is fine for the members who live locally but an impossible requirement for members who live a distance away from the venues for monthly club runs. I am in that situation. If the CCCV ever took that attitude I would leave! Sadly the local clubs here are not worth a Crumpet! The Warrnambool club does not want to know you if you come from any where other than Warrnambool. Pat and I went to one meeting and were pretty much ignored all night! The Colac club which I actually joined is not much better. Needless to say I am no longer a member! Camperdown has a Restorers Group which is fine if you are interested in stationary engines!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Half the citroens on here have stationary engines Gerry. He He

I agree and assume that is why CCCV and CCOCA haven't gone down that path. In CCOCA's case 50% of members are interstate so it is not an issue.

But all car clubs still need active membership to survive. They can't just be a post box for disinterested members just using them to get a club permit. That was my point.
    Hawk

Fellow Frogger!

I agree and assume that is why CCCV and CCOCA haven't gone down that path. In CCOCA's case 50% of members are interstate so it is not an issue.

But all car clubs still need active membership to survive. They can't just be a post box for disinterested members just using them to get a club permit. That was my point.
    Hawk
    Sure it's important to encourage members to participate & in some cases lack of membership participation can lead to the clubs demise. I have been a member of CCOCA for the best part of 30 years & my involvement has been minimal most of the time ( in the earlier times due to work commitments & for the last 16 years due to moving 2000klm away from their home base) If clubs were to consider a " minimum involvement " condition on membership/permit scheme then I'm sure attendance at a " alternative motor car clubs official event" could qualify under the rules. Anyway, unless I'm wrong you can't put a car on say, CCOCA victorian permit scheme when you live 2000 klm in nth nsw. cheers Dave

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy1 View Post
    Anyway, unless I'm wrong you can't put a car on say, CCOCA victorian permit scheme when you live 2000 klm in nth nsw. cheers Dave
    Your assumption would be correct as the NSW RTA (now RMS) would not recognise a Victorian club. However you could join a local generic club or you would likely be welcome to join the NSW club and be invited to local events of other car clubs. NSW Club has some non Sydney members who utilise the scheme.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

This is all fine by me , if you don't want to occassionally involve your self in club activities ,even to a minimal exent fine, just pop out and pay pay full rego and you can do what ever you like including getting a RWC from some one whom knows nothing about CitroŽns
    1950 Light 15 - Blanche 'Claude'
    1949 Light 15 - Noir 'Emilie'
    1982 2CV Special - Lagune Bleu 'Daffie'
    2007 C4 HDI EGS - Rouge Lucifer
    1968 Velo Solex 3800 - Noir

Thankfully my RWC guy comes to your door in a CitroŽn and he used to work on them in the UK! He knows all the keywords like 'spheres', 'LHM', and so on.

Car club events don't work for me as I work on Sundays.

All of my cars are on full rego so I can take them wherever I want and when I want to. Being thrifty and owning a Cit' always ends in tears.

I think if we had the Victorian scheme here in QLD, I'd still stick with what I've got. I'm happy to pay the price for 365 days of absolute freedom
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

UFO

That's the decision I made in 2008 when I realised I could not drive my D whenever I liked. It also means I can take it for good long test drives not just a limited radius from home. Plus I get to keep its UFO plates!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Thankfully my RWC guy comes to your door in a CitroŽn and he used to work on them in the UK! He knows all the keywords like 'spheres', 'LHM', and so on.

All of my cars are on full rego so I can take them wherever I want and when I want to. Being thrifty and owning a Cit' always ends in tears.

I think if we had the Victorian scheme here in QLD, I'd still stick with what I've got. I'm happy to pay the price for 365 days of absolute freedom
    I am happy for you that you are able to cope with and justify the expense of four fully registered Citroens. There are some of us on fixed or limited incomes! In this case the Victorian scheme is a godsend. We get to use our cars and no longer have that use restricted to short test drives and occasional club events that may be in range of home for a days outing!
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post

You'd stick them all on club permits in a heartbeat ..... Being 2nd/3rd/4th cars .... THere is no restrictions on the permits other than you can only use the car 90days a year. I managed 39days of use for the CX last year ... that was using whenever we needed a 2nd car too.

If it wasn't for the permit scheme, there's not a hope in hell I could afford to register the ID19 or the old pommy car I just put a deposit on that can legally tow 4tons.

Look at it this way. If I was to fully register the ID19 ... well it simply wouldn't happen I might as just as well get rid of it. You would be looking at $600 a year for registration, maybe $400 a year for insurance, so $1000 a year just to have it parked in the shed, even if it's not driven, this is before any upkeep is performed on it. In victoria I can comprehensively insure if for about $10,000 for $78 a year on a club permit, the 45day permit itself is another $67.00 a year. So for about $140 a year you can enjoy driving the car whenever you feel like it.... Old ID's nearly stop traffic these days when people see them on the road. The bottom line is it's on the road rather than rusting away in a paddock.

The tow barge... There is no way I'd even have dreamed of looking at it if I had to pay $1000 a year to have it sitting there so it could be used maybe a dozen times a year

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by OnSafari View Post
    Straight to club rego!
    Did you spot this one for sale in ballarat .... it would look good parked next to your minis & austin ....

straight onto a club permit .............................. ok, ok that one looks like it may need a "little" work first
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extremely Rare Traction for Sale.-major.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Did you spot this one for sale in ballarat .... it would look good parked next to your minis & austin ....

straight onto a club permit .............................. ok, ok that one looks like it may need a "little" work first
    I've never met a car I didn't like! However I'm flat out getting my Packard roadworthy, and the Citroen is due late next week, not to mention that I've run out of shed space (gotta stop buying these long wheelbase models!). Plus the ongoing rust repairs on the 997 Cooper........

All good fun.
    1963 Morris Cooper 997
    1964 Sunbeam Tiger
    1969 Austin 1800
    1969 Morris Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    I am happy for you that you are able to cope with and justify the expense of four fully registered Citroens. There are some of us on fixed or limited incomes! In this case the Victorian scheme is a godsend. We get to use our cars and no longer have that use restricted to short test drives and occasional club events that may be in range of home for a days outing!
    Thankfully, the wife pays for the Xantia rego as it's her car. When problems with the car arise (however small), then it becomes my car!

Yes, it's very expensive to register and insure 3 classic cars on full rego. If I was sensible, I'd be offering to sell one as the garage for one of the cars is 80km away from my house!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

OK Shane, are you going to tell us what " the old pommy barge " is? My first guess is a Humber Super Snipe ! May be 50s 4ltr. side valve, around 2 tonne weight ?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by citroenut View Post
    OK Shane, are you going to tell us what " the old pommy barge " is? My first guess is a Humber Super Snipe ! May be 50s 4ltr. side valve, around 2 tonne weight ?

Richard
    It's easy. There is probably only one brand of vehicle ever made in the UK that has a tow capacity greater than 1000kgs Think of stuck up snobs towing horse floats back in the 70's & 80's in the UK ... And you'll get it in a heartbeat ( and made pretty much unchanged from 1970 -> 1995 ... ). It seems to have even more bodyroll than a 2cv to drive too ... and some weird bloody rear suspension with 3 springs across the axle... that seems to self level when you dump a massively heavy car trailer on the back

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Yes, more body roll than a DS.

Roger

The original Toorak Tractor! A Range Rover? 2 door?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information