2CV rear drums, really?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2CV rear drums, really?

The Haynes manual says that you can put the wheel on to pull the drum off , it does not mention the special puller tool ,

If I knew the PCD of the 3 holes I could make one

The rear bearing wont be destroyed will it?

Advertisement

Also I wont really need to use that really high torque figure to put that 44 mm nut back on will

It has a lock washer

Fellow Frogger!

I see how the puller works now ,

I can make one , its the PCD of the wheel studs , 3 off ,

and I take it the actual nut is peened onto the axle,,,,, not a locking tab type washer as is usual with other cars

or a split pin , that fits into groves on others

You shouldnt hurt the bearings when removing the drums.
    Pullers are fairly straight forward and shouldnt be hard to fabricate. Some people use an old wheel and weld a nut into the centre hole with a corresponding bolt to do the pulling. Der Franzose sell a fairly straight forward puller to give you an idea of whats required. See http://www.franzose.de/en/Citroen-2C...-KFZ/ANR20135/.

I belive the PCD is 160mm, but it should be easy to check.

Yes, the nut is peened into the axle. I would torque the nut back on reassembly. Ive got an 2m length of waterpipe which i use for the 44 mm nut on the rear and the 32mm nut on the drive shafts. Despite the peening, the nut is really all that holds the wheel and drum onto the car, so its best to make sure its tightened to spec.

It is vital to pull the drum off straight. If the drum tilts some wheel bearings can seperate leaving the inner race on the stub. Then you'll have a hard time getting the bearing back together. Only possible by removing the bearing from the drum. However only reproductions bearing have this problem not original SKF or SNR.

2CV rear drums, really?-p2070052...jpg

Thread Information