Club rego
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Club rego

Default Club rego

I have been using the DS quite a bit of late. The log book for the club permit scheme is something I have been keeping up to date and filling in as required. Today in peak trafic on Toorak road I was persued by the police in an unmarked car that went for the flashing lights and sirens. I had not made any mistake or given any cause to be pulled over, especially in congested trafic, which required the police to weave through trafic on the wrong side of the road and force me to pull over immediately in a dangerous position.......
    They both leapt from their vehicle and promptly asked me to produce my license and log book. Thankfully I was all up to date and they had a laugh at some of the comments in the log, especially the one from Sunday where, under the trip description I had written "#^^cking church" ( had to drop my mother in-law off at the local Catholic church ). They thanked me and sent me on my way.....
    A warning to others on the club permit sceme, be prepared to be pulled over for no reason at all. Not sure if they have experience of the scheme being abused, but very glad I had not been tardy on any entries.

Advertisement

Just a timely reminder for any others.

With such a generous scheme in Victoria, it is open to abuse and therefore scrutiny.
    Especially on a week day, near the city. You could've been a commuter with a blank log book!
    With your new avatar, you do look the fiend ;-) A seven or eight digit ident. number below the image and it will be poifick.
    I hope you weren't wearing one of "those" t-shirts you gave me!

Have an extra sherbert tonight to celebrate your well organised log book and its timely comments.

cheers,
    r
    Last edited by richo; 15th January 2013 at 03:58 PM.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It doesn't matter if he's a commuter ... He can commute for 90days a year ..... Brilliant scheme.... bloody fantastic I was pulled over recently too. They must be under instructions to check all permit cars when seen. I wonder if they have caught anyone doing the wrong thing yet.

seeya,
    Sahne L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    With such a generous scheme in Victoria, it is open to abuse and therefore scrutiny.
    Especially on a week day, near the city. You could've been a commuter!

Have an extra sherbert tonight to celebrate your well organised log book and its timely comments.

cheers,
    r
    Yes,
    my last run in with the fuzz was particularly unfunny!

Just recently one of the CCCV officials had forgotten to fill in his log----------Cost him heaps! Always fill out before you leave home!!
    Cheers Gerry

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Just recently one of the CCCV officials had forgotten to fill in his log----------Cost him heaps! Always fill out before you leave home!!
    It's easy to do.... I can think of at least two occasions where I've been out somewhere driving along ...... and suddenly thought for no reason "Shit THE LOG BOOK " ................. Frantic stop so you can fill it in. I imagine you would be booked for driving an unregistered vehicle. That's was over $500 20years ago I fear to think what it would be now

Keep you log book over the instruments if you can think of it. That way it's hard to drive off without moving it.... and thinkiing "shit logbook!".

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    It's easy to do.... I can think of at least two occasions where I've been out somewhere driving along ...... and suddenly thought for no reason "Shit THE LOG BOOK " ................. Frantic stop so you can fill it in. I imagine you would be booked for driving an unregistered vehicle. That's was over $500 20years ago I fear to think what it would be now

Keep you log book over the instruments if you can think of it. That way it's hard to drive off without moving it.... and thinkiing "shit logbook!".

seeya
    Shane L.
    I think he was out of pocket $750.
    Mine is kept in the glove box along with a pen.
    Cheers Gerry

Thread Information