C4 Tail Light Assembly Price
  • Register
  • Help

Default C4 Tail Light Assembly Price

I will be contacting a couple of dealers tomorrow for official quotes, but I was wondering if anyone had any ball park idea of what a genuine C4 tail light assembly is likely to set me back?

Cheers,
    Cameron

Advertisement
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

I've been in touch with one of the Sydney dealers and have received the following info -:

Vehicle Part Description Part # Price
    C4 Coupe (2005-2008/9) LHS Tail Light Assembly 6350.T6 $159.36
    C4 Coupe (2005-2008/9) RHS Tail Light Assembly 6351.T6 $187.13
    C4 Coupe (2008/9 onward) LHS Tail Light Assembly (Note: special order as currently unavailable on Australian parts catalogue) 6350.GZ $POA
    C4 Coupe (2008/9 onward) LHS Tail Light Assembly (Note: special order as currently unavailable on Australian parts catalogue) 6351.GZ $POA

Whilst I realise Citroen are by no means unique in this respect, I am ever so slightly curious as to why there is a $30 difference from the passenger's side to the driver's side (given the parts are essentially mirror images of one another)?
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Good question re the price difference. Might be a function of the number made - perhaps far more LHS ones are broken and replaced?

I reckon the price looks pretty reasonable.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Cam try the uk
    you would be sprised how much it will save you

You could try some wreckers such as ATwins in Girraween (98963233) or the other twin at Riverside Spares in Chipping Norton (97552099).
    Or importers such as EAI at http://www.eai.net.au
    AVS at http://www.eurocarparts.com.au

Though those prices quoted seem fair for an new imported part. If they are not in stock you would be looking at around 3 weeks for them to get them.

Good luck.
    Anthony O'Brien
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I reckon the price looks pretty reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinaOB View Post
    Though those prices quoted seem fair for an new imported part. If they are not in stock you would be looking at around 3 weeks for them to get them.
    Agreed - pricing was far more reasonable that I was expecting from a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by little ufo View Post
    Cam try the uk
    you would be sprised how much it will save you
    Thanks Blair. I've been keeping an eye on eBay as well for that very reason. Been quoted roughly $330 delivered for both assemblies from a Cit dealership in the UK. Unfortunately, almost half of that is shipping!

I should clarify the situation and mention that my tail lights aren't actually damaged. It's more of a cosmetic tweak I'm considering. Thanks for the tips though everyone

facebook.com/cccnsw

Fellow Frogger

Are the looking dull in some way? Polish?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Are the looking dull in some way? Polish?
    No no, my tail lights are in perfect nick (hmm.... that's tempting fate!). Simply thinking of getting a set of phase 2 tail lights for a more unique look. As I said, purely a cosmetic tweak. After-market versions are often of (very) questionable quality, hence why I'm looking specifically at OEM.

facebook.com/cccnsw

Fellow Frogger

... but what about the loss of points for originality in the next concours???

I doubt you would find any used parts from wreckers as the batch of the VTS originally imported was a rather slow seller in the end and they didn't have another go with the facelifted model as far as I am aware. Some might have a compliance date rather later than the build date. The same thing happened with the Xsara, especially the VTS in gold paint. You might recall the adverts with the decreasing driveaway prices.

Is the difference in price attributed to the reverse light/rear fog light being located in one of the clusters?
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I've purchased a spare alloy from this dealer in France recently (and I think addo has also bought bits).

Dealer link

Pricing was excellent, although shipping can be prohibitive, depending on the size and weight of the item.

6350.T6 is Ä85.26 and 6351.T6 is the same price.

6350.GZ is only Ä72.35 as is 6351.GZ

As they are the same part numbers, presumably there is no issue with LHD vs RHD compatibility.

They certainly had no issues with shipping me a wheel to Australia and it was prompt.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger

What was the freight cost for the rim?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    ... but what about the loss of points for originality in the next concours???

I doubt you would find any used parts from wreckers... You might recall the adverts with the decreasing driveaway prices.
    I think your doubts are well founded. The phase 2 hatch was definitely sold here, however the facelifted coupe never arrived on Australian shores. I'm always prone to a bit of eye rolling when someone on Carsales (et al) claims that they're selling a phase 2 VTS/coupe. Regarding the adverts with decreasing driveaway prices, I did try to conveniently ignore the sale price erosion given I purchased mine new in 2005 (before any price lowering took place)...

As for the loss of points for originality in the next concours? Well, with a K&N induction system and Bilstein coilovers already installed, I think I'm well beyond the point of no return!!

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Is the difference in price attributed to the reverse light/rear fog light being located in one of the clusters?
    Don't think so as the rear fog lights on a VTS are both located on the lower half of the rear bumper. Both tail light assemblies contain park/brake, indicator and reverse lights only.

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    I've purchased a spare alloy from this dealer in France recently... Pricing was excellent, although shipping can be prohibitive, depending on the size and weight of the item.
    Wow! Thanks for putting me onto that one! Even with shipping, they're $130 cheaper than the best (discounted) dealer price I can get in the UK!!

facebook.com/cccnsw

UFO

IIRC, Concours judging for CCCNSW entrants at Sydney All French Car Day does not rely on originality. It is more about "elegance" than originality. Pebble Beach it ain't and it certainly isn't a Jag or RollsRoyce club event where radiator caps are removed to see if they are clean inside!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Parts arrived today. Fitted and looking great!

Phase I on the left, Phase II on the right

facebook.com/cccnsw

UFO

Rego plate is crooked Lights look suitably blingy.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Rego plate is crooked
    Perhaps that can be fixed up at the next tech day...

facebook.com/cccnsw

Think they look great cam! Looking at gumtree, my old VTS is back up for sale!

Default C4 Tail Light Assembly Price

Quote Originally Posted by ivanc4vts View Post
    Think they look great cam!
    Thanks Ivan

facebook.com/cccnsw

Thread Information