2cv front wheel bearing replacement - what special tool?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2cv front wheel bearing replacement - what special tool?

Can anyone tell me what special tool I need to replace my 2cv front wheel bearings? I'm happy to buy one, just need to know what's required....

Advertisement

Cheers

It can be risky business removing the ring nut. Preload is 35-40 kg and in most cases stuck. Without the original Citroen tool it is very easy to ruin the thread and the new ring wont turn on. My advice is to gently bore the ring in 2 places and split the ring using a chisel. You may need the threadfile to clean afterwards. Test the thread with the new ring nut before putting everything together. Be aware of cheap reproduction bearing, noisy with play after 20.000 km. SKF will last 100.000 no worries.
    You need this tool to screw the ring on, remember 35 kg but it is not easy with the DIY tool. It slides off but better than nothing http://www.2cviking.eu/catalog/produ...01&language=en

Default 2cv front wheel bearing replacement

Quote Originally Posted by 2CViking View Post
    It can be risky business removing the ring nut. Preload is 35-40 kg and in most cases stuck. Without the original Citroen tool it is very easy to ruin the thread and the new ring wont turn on. My advice is to gently bore the ring in 2 places and split the ring using a chisel. You may need the threadfile to clean afterwards. Test the thread with the new ring nut before putting everything together. Be aware of cheap reproduction bearing, noisy with play after 20.000 km. SKF will last 100.000 no worries.
    You need this tool to screw the ring on, remember 35 kg but it is not easy with the DIY tool. It slides off but better than nothing http://www.2cviking.eu/catalog/produ...01&language=en
    Thanks for that information - exactly what I needed. Have ordered the tool

Cheers

Thanks very much. Tool can leave tuesday.
    Cheers
    Viking

Thread Information