1987 "CXA" USA model info needed - Need motor mounts.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 1987 "CXA" USA model info needed - Need motor mounts.

So, I have an 87 CXA prestige (1986 build date) , which is an euro model, imported to Belgium, and "converted" to a US spec car. It's a non turbo automatic (ZF AT). I need motor mounts. Even dropping it into drive will make the engine move about an inch. giving gas, it moves quite a bit more... Where to buy, and what sort do I need??? This is my primary issue at current.

Advertisement

Also, I need a driver side rear door, for a prestige. I know... big item, probably not worth that much, but the door skin on mine is trashed, and it's in the US, where they sold like 10 of these like mine. got a large dent in mine from a light that fell in my quonset hit, which just won't look right if I try to do conventional body work to it.

Thanks!

UFO

For engine mounts contact Brian Primmer in the UK. He sells urethane inserts for the top mount and can do an exchange basis rebuild of bottom mounts. Very reasonable prices, takes ebay payments and fast shipping.

[email protected] or phone 01455 553448 (UK)

Tell him Craig K sent you.

I cannot help re the door other than to advise the doors now seem to be made from that rarest of metals - unobtainium. Others may provide better advice on that.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

For the doors, you can try Brian Piette. He's just north of me in SoCal. He's scrapped several Series 1 CX Prestiges, and IIRC he has a couple sets of doors. I think the doors are the same, it's the rear fenders that are different. 714-377-9412. You can also try a rear door from a wagon, but I'm not sure if the window frame is the same shape.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    For engine mounts contact Brian Primmer in the UK. He sells urethane inserts for the top mount and can do an exchange basis rebuild of bottom mounts. Very reasonable prices, takes ebay payments and fast shipping.

[email protected] or phone 01455 553448 (UK)

Tell him Craig K sent you.

I cannot help re the door other than to advise the doors now seem to be made from that rarest of metals - unobtainium. Others may provide better advice on that.
    Phhhttt.... I have plenty of rear doors here .... The problem is he said the magic word "Prestige"..... Being longer than the standard door and never being sold in Australia, you'd have to be very lucky to find one.

The "usual suspects" ... ie: CX basis and Andre pole will also have engine mounts. As will Western Hemispheres in the US. Actually they could be worth a try for all your parts given they imported the CXA.

http://www.westernhemispheres.com/we...r.icl?secid=4&

http://www.cx-basis.de/

http://www.citroen-andre.com/

http://www.cx-basis.de/
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Thanks for the help! I know I need this-

http://www.westernhemispheres.com/we...derstring=name

The "dogbone" is still in good enough shape.

The lower mount (C-75523241) - Which I think is in the worst shape, lists as un available...

Tadpole

They have the exchange program here - http://cx-basis.de/eshop/product_inf...oducts_id=5093
    I'll e-mail with Brian, and see what he thinks. Thanks again.

UFO

Brian does the large insert for the dogbone. A simple fit and well worth it, rather than replacing the whole thing.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You will likely need all of the mounts. The lower mount will likely be gone as well. Replacing just the top mount for example and not the bottom will lead to the new top mount dying in a very short period of time. Buying the 3 engine mounts will not be cheap, but once done should last a long long time!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

UFO

Shane reminds us of a very good point there. I did not have a lower mount and did not know it needed replacing when I did the top one the first time. 2 years or so and not that much distance later, the top mount was breaking up. So when I replaced the lower I replaced the insert for the top mount.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

Right, so replace all 3 at once so I am not replacing them again in a year - the lower, the BIG upper insert, and the transmission mount. I have a press, so I should be able to press the big bushing out and press a new one into the "dog bone" mount. As for the transmission mount, I guess I will just have to buy this one new-
    ? Does not seem like I will be able to get that one any other way?

Interestingly before I started this project I was expecting there would be a pair of lower engine mounts on the right side of the car. I also have a Saab 9000 (among others) and it has a similar engine arrangement and mounting set up as the CX (dog bone upper, transmission mount, and engine mount PAIR rather than a single on the right hand side.

I thought rear doors on prestige and break to be the same, if you change the window + frame about from a rusty prestige door to a good break door? If not, then I am sorry for active misinformation...
    -74 DS23 bvh, -78 CXgti, -85 CXgtiT1

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Sturla View Post
    I thought rear doors on prestige and break to be the same, if you change the window + frame about from a rusty prestige door to a good break door? If not, then I am sorry for active misinformation...
    I recall hearing the same Sturla.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information