Citroen CX series 1 - Mounting for wing mirror left side
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen CX series 1 - Mounting for wing mirror left side

Hello everyone... Happy New Year!!!

Advertisement

I'm looking for the left side wing mirror MOUNTING (the base between wing mirror - and car body) for my Citroen CX series 1 (black plastic material - non adjustable from inside). See photos with arrow.

I had bought 1 set (with adjustable cable) from ebay long time ago but it came without the mounting. I just wonder if anyone here do have it and willing to sell it.

I found the brand new completed set in this website, unfortunately they do not sale it separately.

http://www.franzose.de/en/Sonstige-C...egel/ANR43107/

I just need the mounting BUT really don't mind if it comes with complete set with reasonable offer.

It's time to enjoy the ride in summer...

Regards and thanks!

Citroeneer

Citroen CX series 1 - Mounting for wing mirror left side-complete-set-disassemble.jpgCitroen CX series 1 - Mounting for wing mirror left side-right-side-mounting.jpgCitroen CX series 1 - Mounting for wing mirror left side-dsc_5013.jpg

[email protected]

AX 1.1 (Malaysia)
    BX 1.9 Diesel (Malaysia)
    CX 2400 Pallas (Aussie)
    ZX 16V (Malaysia)

Preowned...

CX Pallas 2.0 TRE (1985)
    DS 20 Pallas (1968) Dad's car

Is this what you are after

http://cx-basis.de/eshop/product_inf...oducts_id=4145

All the mirrors I have are the chromed Pallas variety but no mounting. CX- Basis have a lot of CX parts, and I have found them good if a little slow at times.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

http://cx-basis.de/eshop/product_inf...oducts_id=5181
    I think this is the piece.
    A wreck I bought decades ago with these mirrors had a bit of timber stuck between this mount and the mirror base, for without it the mirror was too low to see much from the driver's seat. The hole for the internal mounting plate may have been cut too low, however, as it was a post-factory fitting.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thank you very very much, to both of you!!!

Bruce, that's the one I'm after... perfect! All this while, I was thinking to cut a piece of timber as well to fix it... but now I'll buy it from the site. Really happy!!!

Thanks guys... cheers.

Citroeneer

AX 1.1 (Malaysia)
    BX 1.9 Diesel (Malaysia)
    CX 2400 Pallas (Aussie)
    ZX 16V (Malaysia)

Preowned...

CX Pallas 2.0 TRE (1985)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It should be a "standard" hole in the door with a threaded captive nut in the base. I can't help with the mount, that's completely different to the chrome mirror CX's I have here.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    It should be a "standard" hole in the door with a threaded captive nut in the base. I can't help with the mount, that's completely different to the chrome mirror CX's I have here.

seeya,
    Shane L.

Shane,

actually, my previous CX 20 TRE Pallas 1985 model, fitted with the chromed finishing version. However, my current CX 2400 pallas 1981 fitted with the black plastic with a mounting as a base. Bruce already identified the parts for me and I already bought it from the cx basis. I rather spend a bit for the postage cost as compare to the modification cost to fit the mirror without the mounting. It is really satisfied to get something back to original factory setting. Thanks for your advice.

citroeneer

AX 1.1 (Malaysia)
    BX 1.9 Diesel (Malaysia)
    CX 2400 Pallas (Aussie)
    ZX 16V (Malaysia)

Preowned...

CX Pallas 2.0 TRE (1985)

Shane, the passenger door definitely didn't have a factory captive nut on the wreck I had (81 model, Australian crash barriered door), for the internal mounting plate dropped out when I undid the mirror, and still had its part number sticker attached. Hence, my conclusion that whoever cut the hole may have done so too low down the door, necessitating a timber wedge to bring the mirror up high enough to be easily seen from the driver's seat.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information