Fitting D door handles
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Default Fitting D door handles

After yet another garage tidy session today (sorting, chucking [email protected]) I finally got around to fitting the right rear interior door handle to the D. I forgot what a FUN FUN FUN job it is. 2 hours later after having to remove the window, replace a broken outer window rubber clip (had spares - phew!) and it is finally on. The car now has all shiny, non peeling interior door handles.

By the way, I have two NEW interior rear chromed door handles with black plastic lock tags for sale. They were supplied in error from Europe a couple of years ago and are not correct for my car. If you are interested, please make a reasonable offer. If I have no reasonable offer by about 5 Jan I will put a price on them and list them. Price will be plus postage unless we can arrange pick up.

Advertisement
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Would it help, possibly, to say what models the "incorrect" handles are correct for?

UFO

To tell the truth I'm not sure which model DS the incorrect handles are for, other than the handle is chrome but the locking tab is black plastic. Maybe a late 60's ID?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger

They'd be mainly for relatively uncommon non-Pallas DS. Maybe, suit a later ID. The lock tab is easy to change to a chromed part as it's pin is screwed in, but the opening catch has a pressed in pin and it therefore not easy to change unless you drill it out.

There are variations in the 'nut' that you tighten to hold the handle to the door. The assemblies vary at least between Pallas and non-Pallas trim to account for the thickness of the trimming and the stainless plate. While the later cars have plated alloy handles, there are some heavier castings, which I assume are brass and maybe for early cars from the UK???
    Last edited by David S; 28th December 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Hi Craig,
    They are for a 69 (maybe 68 and 67 too) ID20 Confort. My fathers car had them....
    Cheers,
    Mark...

Most 1969 and early 1970 ID had those handles.

Thread Information