Purchase of twenty three Citroen C5 Tourers in Scotland
  • Register
  • Help

Default Purchase of twenty three Citroen C5 Tourers in Scotland

I found this article while looking for information online about the Citroen C5 Tourer.

Scotland's leading manufacturer and supplier of UPVC windows, doors and conservatories, CR Smith, have taken delivery of 23 Citroen C5 Tourers for the sales team, joining CR Smiths 150 strong vehicle fleet.

Advertisement

CR Smith's Fleet Manager, Ian Darroch, comments; "We selected the Citroen C5 Tourers to meet the demanding operational requirements of our sales force. They need a car with a boot big enough to carry large samples of the window and conservatory sections we manufacture and install, while as a business we demand low whole-life costs. The C5 Tourer meets all of these requirements having the interior space of a large vehicle combined with low running costs, with up to 64mpg."

CR Smith has chosen the Citroen C5 VTR+ NAV HDi 110 manual, which includes MyWay colour satellite navigation, supplied by Citroen dealer Arnold Clark in Armadale.

The Citroen C5 Tourer is available in the UK with a manual gearbox and the 1.6 L turbo diesel which would account for the 64 mpg. Why do the Australian importers assume we all want automatic gearboxes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Purchase of twenty three Citroen C5 Tourers in Scotland-citroen-c5-tourer.jpg  

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I spotted a C6 on ebay uk with a 6spd manual gearbox and the 2.2HDi 4banger ...... That would have to be a great combination. I think they send all the slugomatics to Australia 'cos no-one else wants them

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger

I'm sure they'd like to sell more manuals here, but the locals won't buy them as new cars. Even a used manual C5 would be relatively difficult to shift. Manual diesels could have been a bit more interesting I guess. We only get a subset of what's on offer in Europe out here.

A 2.2HDI manual would be adequate for a C6, but the engine is relatively coarse compared to the V6. However, the auto suits the C6 for the market segment it was aimed at.

For anyone after a 3.0HDi V6 C6, there are, surprisingly, two on Carsales at present, which represents a significant portion of the 3.0 litre cars sold here. I'd be surprised if the others come on the market any time soon and the model has ended production. If you wanted a new C6 and missed out, these two cars are probably your closest opportunities now. The Mativiore example in Sydney is more recent than the dark grey one in Melbourne.
    Last edited by David S; 20th December 2012 at 06:24 PM.

UFO

Australian drivers prefer automatic gearboxes. Simple as. The C5 with an EGS gearbox though would be a good proposition. Still with the perceived economy of a manual 'box with the automatic function.

It will be interesting to see how the DS5 with the 1.6 turbo petrol and auto sells.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

VIP Sponsor

Your right David, majority of consumers in Australia prefer autos, auto HDi's ( both Peugeot and Citroen) literally 'fly out of my yard' whilst manual versions 'hang about' for months. It's all a matter of supply and demand

UFO

Remember too that for the vast majority of Australian drivers, much of their in car time is spent in traffic. Oh the joy of continually changing gears, pushing the clutch pedal etc.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information