CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon2 CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.

I thought it a bit rude that we had taken over DX5's thread regarding LHM stickers.

The CX needs a dedicated thread, quite a few stickers and I'm sure there will be variations dependent on model and years.

I've made a start using images Shane posted in the 'LHM sticker thread'.
    LHM & Air Filter Stickers

As I progress I'll post low-res watermarked jpegs . (These are for proofing only), I have the editable vector files if changes are required before going to print (watermark will of course be removed). Ultimately the objective is to have high quality reproductions of all stickers used on the entire Australian delivered CX range.

Vehicle Emission Control Sticker 165 x 60mm
    Anyone know which models and years this one covers?

Advertisement

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-vehicle_emission_sticker_60x165web.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO

As it only refers to 4 and 3 speed boxes it would have to be for early manual and C-Matic cars.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    As it only refers to 4 and 3 speed boxes it would have to be for early manual and C-Matic cars.
    So all the 2400's - any idea of the years covered? I wonder how different the 2200 would have been? Obviously the 2500 would be quite different (I have a vague recollection of printing the sticker for the 2500 red on white for Maxim Motors, these from memory were fitted on the radiator support panel?).

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I've never had 2500's here so I'm not sure. I'd say any pollution pump equipped locally sold CX though

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I seem to remember that this was the sicker that was affixed to the inner RH wheel arch just near the bonnet support strut. I think that it ran down touching the RH inner guard panel. Yes it was on my CX 2400 C-Matic but in a very tatty state.
    Brilliant job Chris! I look forward to equipping my car with a set of these.
    I agree that this does deserve a thread of its own. Apologies for having Hi-jacked the thread started by DX5.
    Cheers Gerry

Icon5 Oil Cap Sticker 53mm Dia.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    I seem to remember that this was the sicker that was affixed to the inner RH wheel arch just near the bonnet support strut. I think that it ran down touching the RH inner guard panel. Yes it was on my CX 2400 C-Matic but in a very tatty state.
    Brilliant job Chris! I look forward to equipping my car with a set of these.
    I agree that this does deserve a thread of its own. Apologies for having Hi-jacked the thread started by DX5.
    Thanks Gerry,
    It would be good to have a blueprint style drawing with the correct location(s) for the stickers.

Oil Cap Sticker 53mm Dia.

This is different from the one you posted Gerry, again taken from Shane's actual sticker photos. Are there different stickers for different cars? Should I also print the version you have?

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-oil_cap_sticker_53mmweb.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Not sure that I can answer that one Chris! Perhaps there are variations from year to year? The one I drew in the Word File was taken from the original stickers on my car. So the layout is sort of right given the limitations of the Word Art function of that program. The one from Shane's photos Is a later model I presume. Do you think this task is like opening a can of worms?
    Cheers Gerry

Not sure that I can answer that one Chris! Perhaps there are variations from year to year? The one I drew in the Word File was taken from the original stickers on my car. So the layout is sort of right given the limitations of the Word Art function of that program. The one from Shane's photos Is a later model I presume. Do you think this task is like opening a can of worms?
    Once we have the nitty gritty sorted out the rest will fall into place, it's no more difficult to print variations using the same colours. Your variation had French text where Shane's has the 'GTS 20 W 50'

If your version was taken from your car I'd say we need to include it in the range, some of the CX Basis stickers you posted are also common to other variants i.e. D, GS etc. I'd like to weed them out of this exercise for now, if they weren't used on the CX.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Gerry,

With this sticker I suspect there is missing text on the bottom right (you didn't include this in your Word doc. if my suspicions are correct, it would be good to confirm one way or another).

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

I posted back into the other thread and noted that some file naming errors were introduced for the dimensions. I will post them again here and hope that it goes well this time. You can pay attention to the ones you see fit to use.

So far so good---------I don't know how they all ended up as 70x60mm last time. It was certainly not how I saved them!!!! Computer Gremlins??????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35671_1-105x74mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35673_1-65x36mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35674_1-187x43mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35675_1187x43mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35677_1-299x33mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35678_1-299x33mm.jpg  

CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35687_1-180x49mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35688_1-180x49mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35690_1-65x33mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35691_1-34x49mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35692_1-35x45mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35693_1-34x34mm.jpg  

CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35694_1-238x26mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35696_1-62x32mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35697_1-61x32mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35698_1-54mm-dia.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35699_1-191x32mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35700_1-96x96mm.jpg  

CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-36138_1-70x60mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-35686_1-85x62mm.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-36139_1-164x16mm.jpg  
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Gerry,

With this sticker I suspect there is missing text on the bottom right (you didn't include this in your Word doc. if my suspicions are correct, it would be good to confirm one way or another).

Cheers
    Chris
    My guess is that the missing words would be "Before Removal"
    Cheers Gerry

Hi Chris -------Any progress on the sticker front? I am extremely keen!
    Cheers Gerry

Icon3

Hi Gerry,

Small progress, I'm off work for another week but I'll get back into it when I return...

...here's a couple more I prepared earlier

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-cx-lhm-tank-sticker-web.jpg   CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-overheating-sticker-web.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Hi Gerry,

Small progress, I'm off work for another week but I'll get back into it when I return...

...here's a couple more I prepared earlier

Cheers
    Chris
    Brilliant Chris! I am really getting excited now. I am about a cat's whisker from firing her up for the first time!
    Cheers Gerry

Hello Chris ----Any Progress!!!!!
    Cheers Gerry

Hello Chris ----Any Progress!!!!!
    Hi Gerry,
    Love your enthusiasm

I'm at the stage where I'd like to send you PDFs of artwork at finished size so that you can double check the images in position on your lovely car. You might also identify any sticker I may have missed? If what I send is good to go, I'll get stuck into printing next week.

Can you PM me your preferred email address, the file size won't be too large

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Hi Gerry,
    Love your enthusiasm

I'm at the stage where I'd like to send you PDFs of artwork at finished size so that you can double check the images in position on your lovely car. You might also identify any sticker I may have missed? If what I send is good to go, I'll get stuck into printing next week.

Can you PM me your preferred email address, the file size won't be too large

Cheers
    Chris

Great news Chris, I assume that I can print them exact size and place them in position for a dummy run?
    When the final product is available you will of course let me know how much ----- to cover you time and effort ---- and possibly to further finance your own resto efforts!!!!!!
    Cheers Gerry

Icon6

Great news Chris, I assume that I can print them exact size and place them in position for a dummy run?
    When the final product is available you will of course let me know how much ----- to cover you time and effort ---- and possibly to further finance your own resto efforts!!!!!!
    That's the theory Gerry, when you print out the PDF just make sure your print setting is set at 'Actual size' rather than 'fit to page'

I have your PM, I've just arrived home after an unproductive day - one of those two steps forward one step back, would have been better if I had stayed home, I'll get the images together and send via email once I've relaxed

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

That's the theory Gerry, when you print out the PDF just make sure your print setting is set at 'Actual size' rather than 'fit to page'

I have your PM, I've just arrived home after an unproductive day - one of those two steps forward one step back, would have been better if I had stayed home, I'll get the images together and send via email once I've relaxed

Cheers
    Chris
    Have a couple of beers for me Chris!
    Cheers Gerry

Icon5 Tyre placards and Ait filter sticker - Questions

Just need some feedback on a few things

Working with the reference material I have I have now drafts of the 'Tyre Placard' stickers.

I've been communicating with gerrypro and I think we are of the opinion the sticker on the left is a Euro only specification and the gold/black sticker on the right is an ADR sticker. The photo that Shane supplied (ADR version) shows 27psi for the rear and 185 XVS for front and rear, because it is torn I'm presuming the front and rear are both 27psi? Can anyone shed some light?

The other query is with regard to the 'Miofiltre - Air Filter' sticker, does anyone have a decent sticker on their car they can provide photo of, I've got very little to work with, but believe it is about 100mm square and prints red and black onto gold?

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-tyre_placards.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Chris the stickers for the ventilation air intake and the tuning data arrived today. They are brilliant. I have fitted them and have posted pictures in the resto thread.
    Many thanks!
    Cheers Gerry

Chris the stickers for the ventilation air intake and the tuning data arrived today. They are brilliant. I have fitted them and have posted pictures in the resto thread.
    Many thanks!
    My pleasure Gerry, it is fitting that the first of this project are now on your car - you have shared with us surely one of the better documented and faithful restorations of any CX in Australia.

Thanks must also go to Shane, his photos with measurements have been a great help in getting close to original. We've some way to go but with small steps, we'll get there

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Hi Chris, any more progress?
    Cheers Gerry

Icon6

Hi Chris, any more progress?
    Hi Gerry,
    I am making slow progress, I have this batch on a screen ready to print - five colours so probably early next week.
    This is most of the stickers that will print on white vinyl, next will be the ones that print onto the gold.

This is my print ready file, which includes bleed for die cutting etc. (very low res jpeg)

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX - Australian delivered under bonnet stickers etc.-cx_grouped_stickers.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Wow! They look brilliant.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information