DS19 Hydraulic booklet
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default DS19 Hydraulic booklet

Does anyone have a copy of this Citroen booklet? It is called "Hydraulique DS19", it is in French, and I think it is dated May 1960. It has beautiful coloured line drawings of all the hydraulic components.
    I found a scanned copy some time ago on (I think) the CCC UK site but it doesn't seem to be there any longer and in any case the resolution was so poor that a lot of the diagrams were unreadable. There is a copy on www.citropaper.it but it is incomplete. Elsewhere I've had no luck.
    roger
    Name:  hydrauliquecover.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  1.7 KB

Advertisement

No, sorry Roger, and I don't know of one anywhere. It does sound like a great thing to have.

Roger

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of this Citroen booklet? It is called "Hydraulique DS19", it is in French, and I think it is dated May 1960. It has beautiful coloured line drawings of all the hydraulic components.
    I found a scanned copy some time ago on (I think) the CCC UK site but it doesn't seem to be there any longer and in any case the resolution was so poor that a lot of the diagrams were unreadable. There is a copy on www.citropaper.it but it is incomplete. Elsewhere I've had no luck.
    roger
    What would be really interesting would be the manufactue dimensions and tolerances and the story as to how they a) came up with them and b) achieved them...

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Llewellyn View Post
    What would be really interesting would be the manufactue dimensions and tolerances and the story as to how they a) came up with them and b) achieved them...
    An article on this subject was printed in the Citroen house magazine Double Chevron, autumn 1993, #3.
    You can find a copy of it here: www.citroen-ds-id.com
    roger

mnm

Here's one on Ebay.fr... ships worldwide

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/catalogue-tec...#ht_1403wt_689

Merry Christmas

Matthew

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

I think I found what you're after:

http://www.citroencarclub.co.uk/ds/

The diagrams are reasonably clear and looks complete. Click on the images to make them larger. I accidentally found this while looking for a pic of a sphere on Google Images.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Here's one on Ebay.fr... ships worldwide

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/catalogue-tec...#ht_1403wt_689

Merry Christmas

Matthew
    Thanks for the tip.
    roger

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    I think I found what you're after:

http://www.citroencarclub.co.uk/ds/

The diagrams are reasonably clear and looks complete. Click on the images to make them larger. I accidentally found this while looking for a pic of a sphere on Google Images.
    Ah, yes. That was the site I was downloading from. I had lost the address. However, these pages have been scanned at a low resolution and most of the text on the drawings is unreadable. If you try to blow them up it just gets blocky.
    Thanks anyway.
    roger

However, these pages have been scanned at a low resolution and most of the text on the drawings is unreadable. If you try to blow them up it just gets blocky.
    Thanks anyway.
    roger
    I think the scans are quite reasonable... if you left click on the illustrations a better resolution version is displayed and can be saved.

DS19 Hydraulic booklet-main-accumulator.jpg
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Fellow Frogger!

roger
    I've now found a site which has this document in a format which is readable when printed. The scans are nicely done at a high resolution. The text is in French. See http://bk23.free.fr
    There is a wealth of other Citroen info on this great site - have a look.
    The same document on www.citroencarclub.co.uk/ds/ is low res so the illustrations are effectively useless, but the text has been translated into English. It also has a supplement dated Feb '65.
    So a combination of the illustrations from bk23 together with the text from the CCC site and yer home'n hosed.

This document is probably essential reading for anyone working on the early DS hydraulics eg the first height correctors (as fitted to my '57 DS19) dont have the tiny stack of restrictors like the later ones, they have what appears to be a bent wire to create turbulence in the passage between the two sides to slow movement of the spool valve. Lots of other interesting info.
    roger

The same document on www.citroencarclub.co.uk/ds/ is low res so the illustrations are effectively useless, but the text has been translated into English. It also has a supplement dated Feb '65.
    So a combination of the illustrations from bk23 together with the text from the CCC site and yer home'n hosed.

This document is probably essential reading for anyone working on the early DS hydraulics eg the first height correctors (as fitted to my '57 DS19) dont have the tiny stack of restrictors like the later ones, they have what appears to be a bent wire to create turbulence in the passage between the two sides to slow movement of the spool valve. Lots of other interesting info.
    roger
    Roger did you click on each page as it appeared? This opens the page to quite a large format and makes it possible to save each individual page
    Cheers Gerry

Thread Information