CX Front Windows
  • Register
  • Help

Default CX Front Windows

Hi all,

I am trying to put the front windows and fittings back in after having totally removed them. I have also replaced the channelling in the front windows. Bottom line is that I can not get them to fit properly. They are not sliding up properly to stay in the runners.

Are there any tricks to getting them to fit properly. Is there something you do with the white plastic runner on the front?

Thanks

Advertisement

Laurie

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I'm not aware of anyone that's fixed this. It's the front only, and the glass tilts slightly at the top edge as it's completely closes? Providing plenty of wind noise to keep you awake in your travels

Possibly compare the early Series I car you have with the Series II (the series I don't seem to do this, so Poogoe probably replaced a 5cent part with a 0.05cent part when they created the series II CX).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thanks Shane. I didn't want to pull the other one apart until I get this heap back together. I am not sure if it is time or motivation that is the problem - or both.

I am hoping that as I use them the new channelling will have a bit more give and they will slide up a bit more.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

What I found on a '85pallas is that the rivett that holds the two "arm" together comes loose. A tiny bit of play results in a large amount of movement at the end of the arms.

Replaced it with a mechanism out of '78 model - completely different design and completely bomb proof.

I guess the question is whether or not they where ok before disassembly? If not, reckon adjustment is a lost cause...

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Thanks or that. I will keep my eyes out for an old wreck.

Laurie

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    Hi Laurie,

What I found on a '85pallas is that the rivett that holds the two "arm" together comes loose. A tiny bit of play results in a large amount of movement at the end of the arms.

Replaced it with a mechanism out of '78 model - completely different design and completely bomb proof.

I guess the question is whether or not they where ok before disassembly? If not, reckon adjustment is a lost cause...
    Sweet.... another job for me to pencil in a some point .... It p!$$es you off no end the windows not winding up straight. Laurie I have a pair of early mechanisms you could have...... If you can pull them yourself. I'm just never finding the time to pull parts and send to people, so I'm not promising anything (rather than say I'll do it then never find the time to get to it).

From memory it's only 3 nuts the hold the mechnism in (givne the doortrims will have already curled up and fallen off). So I'll send you a PM if I pull them out over the next couple of weeks (unless you chase some up first).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thanks Shane,

Don't worry about it for now. I will put it on the list as a fix to do once the car is going again.

Laurie

I got two Series I winders that comes with a complete car for $500....
    Out of the 1992 Saab 900 turbo and into
    1989 Citroen Bx 16v

Thread Information