End of the C6: December 19th......
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Default End of the C6: December 19th......

The C6 comes to end of production on December 19th. What a shame. List price in Europe is 57000 euros,and even at the discounted new price of 29000 e, or 27000 e with a trade in , they still can't sell them. Mind boggles..... But I bet you they're all queuing for the next promised C5 III originating from Opel.....

Advertisement
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger

They haven't built RHD cars since March and I'd thought LHD also ended in July, so the cars on offer could be fairly old stock??? Are you getting the taxi variety or the full fruit V6 HDi at those discounted prices? We only saw the top end model here, whereas Europe also had the less expensive variants.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Well according to the guys in France it's still going on till Dec 19th, and they're saying they're the cars normally priced at 57000 that are being discounted 49% and still not finding buyers. Although there's no point flying there in a hurry to buy one as they would all be LHD.

In French:

Par ailleurs, deux jours de chômage sont prévus en décembre pour la production de la C6, qui s'arrête définitivement le 19 décembre, selon la même source qui précise qu'environ 1.234 personnes travaillent sur ces lignes de production. Les quelques 250 salariés travaillant sur la C6 seront intégrés aux autres lignes de production de Rennes, a précisé M. Bourdon.

It also says they have to introduce 2 redundant days in december because of low production!
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 8th December 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: addition of source
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

UFO

The brand new one we saw at the Citroen dealer at Porte d'Orlean in September was the full kit V6, for a measly 32k Euro.

According to this article the last C6 rolled out on 3 Dec.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...itroen-c6-rip/
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Then...a beautiful car, luxury and grace.
    Upper level entry price when new. Expensive parts and servicing, commensurate with the equipped technology.
    Purchased by owners with the means to buy and maintain, to enjoy to its full.

Now...the beauty remains, the luxury and grace present.
    Lower level entry price compared to its peers, expensive parts and less servicing.
    Purchased by owners with stars in their eyes, not to be compared to the tears of depreciation.

Future....
    The styling remains, the luxury a little jaded.
    Bargain basement entry price, probably some servicing aspects missed. Parts prices still expensive, a small aftermarket available and used parts from units used to wreck, just for the parts.
    Sellers happy to see a buyer.

Still, a beautiful car.

Sounds like the CX story repeating...

SMM

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Sounds like the CX story repeating...
    ...and the Xm story...
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 Cactus

Previous Citroens: 2007 C4 VTR, 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

Way overpriced in Australia. Niche car for a niche market. They were $110k OTR from memory?

If looks and panache are your forte, there wasn't much to compete. But if depreciation and running costs were your priorities, we understand why you went and bought a 5 Series.

Even 50k for a second hand car seems a bit over the top...
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

That said, 18k AUD for this is amazing value. Anyone keen to champion SEVS Low Volume import?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C6...item4d073856ba
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

This is very sad news indeed. I guess this is economics 101 isnt it?

Fellow Frogger!

Unfortunately overpriced new still means those trying to flog them used are asking way above what such a niche model is really worth, especially when all things considered once they are over 5 years old expect values to freefall.

Overpriced? Try to buy a new Beemer, it'll cost you about the same. In my view a C6 is superior in every way to one of those so in my view a bargain. Unfortunately not many people got it. Much the same as the CX and XM story. I don't see much hope of a new big Citroen for quite a few years yet, if ever.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Overpriced? Try to buy a new Beemer, it'll cost you about the same. In my view a C6 is superior in every way to one of those so in my view a bargain. Unfortunately not many people got it. Much the same as the CX and XM story. I don't see much hope of a new big Citroen for quite a few years yet, if ever.
    I agree that the Citroen is likely a superior car, however the fear of residual values and reliability pushed me into buying a new beemer. All things considered i probably should have stumped up for the big Citroen.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Of course they'll make one .... maybe call it a DS7 ... make it look all "pretty" .................. and put bloody C4 suspension under it with 38" wheels and 80psi in the tires ...... to make sure it rides worse the an empty dumptruck But, But ... wait ..... You might get TWO perfume dispensers to blast stink at you I wonder if they can do an "LHM burning off exhaust" perfume

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger

Citroen are not necessarily the depreciation disaster many people think, or at least not significantly worse than other makes. How would the recent E350 owner feel about resale value of his sparingly used $155K car after less than 2 years? At that point, MB were apparently offering the same car new for about $130K and the best wholesale price for the used car would have been about $70K. I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago with a 2yo Benz that cost $120+K new and it's now worth around $50K, probably on a warm day. Used luxury cars sink a lot faster than the more economical segments of the market. The C6 has actually fared quite well in relative resale terms for many owners, so the FUD is probably overblown.

What annoys me is the way they quote percentages. A 50% loss on a $100k car is a lot worse than a 75% loss on a $10k car in real dollars.

1000+ Posts

Default %

Hi -The % is is what the % is-it is factual & gives one the info as to what has happened.

Alternative is that some gives you the actual figures & you can do the %.

Always amuses me how the favorite car to bag is the Froggies.

-KICKED IN THE HEAD BY DEALERS/WHOLESALERS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT & DO NOT GIVE A RIP-

I hear horror stories on a regular basis-take the guy 'Young Dave' knows-with the Red Benz.I was there when it happened.Asked Dave a few days later if his back had recovered-I did not know it was crook.Said it was was gradually improving.

I have asked many hundreds Peugeot owners 'How come you drive a Peugeot' over the last 44 odd years?'

Many have said that it was their favorite car in their garage- among Rollers-Ferraris etc. etc.

Take Dame Elizabeth Murdoch who rejected the offer of a Brand new Roller owned Peugeot's for yonks -Enzo's favorite car was Peugeot.

Guess we could all go & buy a new Commodore-struts were failing @ 3,000 k's & as was pointed out to me recently that it is worth $2,500.00 to replace the timing chains [3 day job] & to replace the thermostat you simply remove the engine.
    would like to ask if anyone 'out there' has any history -pics-stories of Dame Elizabeth's Peugeot History.

avagoodone.

Pekay.

VIP Sponsor

The Alloytec Commodore engine is a disaster, I was talking to an engine rebuilder yesterday and these things are a throwaway item most of the time.
    Also, talking to an owner of both the early iron and late alloy V6 Commodores last night, the early motor has more torque, much better throttle response and gets better economy to boot!
    Also it keeps going and can be rebuilt.
    I believe the Americans are STILL using the early engine, dating back to 1962.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Hi -The % is is what the % is-it is factual & gives one the info as to what has happened.

Alternative is that some gives you the actual figures & you can do the %.

Always amuses me how the favorite car to bag is the Froggies.

-KICKED IN THE HEAD BY DEALERS/WHOLESALERS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT & DO NOT GIVE A RIP-

I hear horror stories on a regular basis-take the guy 'Young Dave' knows-with the Red Benz.I was there when it happened.Asked Dave a few days later if his back had recovered-I did not know it was crook.Said it was was gradually improving.

I have asked many hundreds Peugeot owners 'How come you drive a Peugeot' over the last 44 odd years?'

Many have said that it was their favorite car in their garage- among Rollers-Ferraris etc. etc.

Take Dame Elizabeth Murdoch who rejected the offer of a Brand new Roller owned Peugeot's for yonks -Enzo's favorite car was Peugeot.

Guess we could all go & buy a new Commodore-struts were failing @ 3,000 k's & as was pointed out to me recently that it is worth $2,500.00 to replace the timing chains [3 day job] & to replace the thermostat you simply remove the engine.
    would like to ask if anyone 'out there' has any history -pics-stories of Dame Elizabeth's Peugeot History.

avagoodone.

Pekay.

Re the C6 - a personal opinion , I've never liked the look of them, although I recognise their technical and luxury credentials. I find them a bit bulbous and unattractive - not to be compared to the purity of the CX lines - the last real Citroen for me. Therefore it doesn't surprise me that they've lost value rapidly. Most big Euros do.The BMW 7 series was worth the same as a 5 within a few years.

C6 Servicing could be a nightmare. $18k now, $10k next year, $??? in another 5 years . Not a good investment unless you are an enthusiastic keeper forever.

Depreciation is subject to all sorts of variables. D's are now worth more than ten years ago. Who would have thought a good average black stripe, GTS Monaro circa 1968 would sell today for $55k.

Maybe somebody will love a C6 in ten years?
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Why are C6's more expensive than a C5 to service????

Quote Originally Posted by tasie C5 View Post
    Why are C6's more expensive than a C5 to service????
    I imagine some of their unique replacement parts are expensive but I didn't claim that they were more expensive generally to service than a C5. From what I read about some C5's owners experiences on here perhaps I should have stated "like some later model Citroens servicing could be a nightmare".
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

There's nowt particularly unique or painful about C5s (or the C6) compared to other marques. The biggest "irritation" to me from a fluid suspension purist's viewpoint is the divorced braking and fully electronic height sensing/correction.

I'd own a C5 under suffrance, yet a C6 gladly. The C5 is not special enough in my eyes, to be worth tolerating these items.

Glad it is going out as the car it began - give or take a few items - rather than some thinned-out, steel-sprung, toughened glass, economy version.

early c5s were rather plain... a non event visually... later models are a touch bee-m-esque... but more pleasing... Havent driven one because it just doent draw me in... a c6... on the other hand, is spectacular... a flagship... I look forwards to owning one one day...

dino

What's the ride of a C6 like... is it anywhere near the greatness of (say) a DS (sedan or wagon) with correct spheres or a CX wagon?
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    What's the ride of a C6 like... is it anywhere near the greatness of (say) a DS (sedan or wagon) with correct spheres or a CX wagon?
    have a look at this...the end of the video gives a clue
    http://www.arabiandrift.com/video/14...C6-on-Top-Gear
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information