Ordering OEM Parts from UK or Europe.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Ordering OEM Parts from UK or Europe.

I've checked out the thread about part suppliers and see that there are a couple recommended but I'm not sure if they do newer cars. Can they supply OEM parts for newer cars?
    If I wanted to order some OEM Citroen parts from Europe can anyone point me to a good supplier who will work with me to work out the correct parts?
    My 2006 2.2 C5 seems rare enough here that the dealers keep saying the part will have to be ordered from France so I may as well get them myself and save $$$.

Thanks
    Justin

Advertisement

I'd suggest looking for my "how to" thread on using Peugeot Service Box/Service CitroŽn for a start. That will empower you via the correct part numbers.

Every country has it share of d***heads; I have been blocked by one UK Ebay dealer for telling it how it is, but so long as you don't burn all your bridges there is always a way to get stuff cheap.

Just as an FYI, I have found it cheaper to buy some OEM/aftermarket parts here in recent times, or within a couple of dollars at least. Always good to check the local aftermarket importers (not the concessionaires).

Fellow Frogger!

I to have recently purchased a 2006 C5 and when I looked at the books they told me it was a 2.2. I checked the motor and it is the same motor, and uses a similar engine number group, as my 307, which I bought new in 06. Am I right in assuming that 6 speed auto diesels are all the 2.0lt motor. I thought the book thing was probably because the distributor had the cars but not the books and didn't care about a small detail like that.

I spent a lot of time on Citroen Service and Peugeot Service Box and ordered a lot of stuff for both cars from Carparts4less.co.uk and saved heaps. It is worth the time to sort out exactly what you need.

Iím of the opinion that you are better off buying parts out of the UK for late Citroen/Peugeot cars as the volume on the roads there ensure competitive pricing for fast moving parts. Another tip is to have a Pay Pal account and seek out suppliers who use Pay Pal, the alternatives can be very expensive. especially on the Continent.

Thanks for those replies. I use Paypal so will look for that.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Citroen Service and Peugeot Service Box". Where would I find a link to that?
    I did find a link once (a while ago) to a Citroen site where you had to be a repairer but I was never able to successfully register and get it to work.
    Any tips on walking me through this process would be appreciated.
    I would love to have access to part numbers to be "empowered".
    A lot of the parts that I'm after are difficult to describe ones like an external door trim, and several little plastic fixing tabs for the engine covers and a bumper.

Fellow Frogger!

http://service.citroen.com/ and as you are a vehicle detailer you can register as a professional. You will need your vehicle's 17 digit Vin number. Persevere it is worth the effort.

I got sick of ordering parts in Australia and waiting weeks then the cost oh my GXX
    I then found these guys they are quick friendly and mostly genuine parts also they know the cars http://www.neatcarparts.co.uk/ give them a try I had a 2001 C5 i nearly basically rebuilt it with the help of these guys I have now sold the 01 C5
    I am looking at the latest generation C5,s they have come down in price which make them feasible if they have problems like the 01 C5 I had

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    ... Am I right in assuming that 6 speed auto diesels are all the 2.0lt motor.
    No, there are 6 speed HDi C5's with 2.0 single turbo (RHR) and 2.2 twin turn turbo's (4HS) and hatch/wagons of both varieties. The 2.2 is less common. Not to be confused with the earlier 4 speed auto HDi's, which had earlier incarnations of the 2.0 (RHZ) and 2.2 (4HX) engines. Petrol versions are different again.

You'll notice that Neat Car Parts and GSF are both on eBay along with others. There were more models sold in Europe than we had here, so always assume it could be different and expecially when buying from a LHD market. I nearly caught myself out with a SAAB power steering pipe recently ex USA. LHD is very much longer than for RHD as the pinion is on the other side, but the reservoir and pump are always in the same place. Similarly, headlights have often been a trap as there can be LHD and RHD versions, dipping differently. I've not had need to look into it, but the later polycarbonate assemblies and projector systems may even be common.
    Last edited by David S; 6th December 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks Allen I managed to get on the site and can now list the part numbers I want. That will be very helpful in future.
    Thanks also C5boy. I'll try them.

Justin

Thread Information