Touch up.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Touch up.

Default Touch up.

Got a couple of stone chips on my 2010 c5. Metallic deep red in colour. What is the best remedy for this type of damage? ( by the way, Gerry Freed is in Tasie). Allan

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi-To be kind your the car [& your heart] which obviously is obviously rather new I would get a local-that may be a distance away for you- Touch Up guy-Paintless dent fix guy to do the job.
    I have seen them do brilliant jobs-maybe speak to a couple of your 'local' car yards/dealers for someone they would recommend-Harder to fix a bad job rather than have it done properly in the first place.

Secondly -thought you may have already thought of it already -is to put a stone guard on the bonnet-providing they are available for your cit.
    The other product to consider is a product that my brother had instigated many years ago [I think something dodgy went on & he got 'pipped at the post'.That product is a clear film that goes over the front edge of you bonnet.One of the design criteria for my brothers film was that once that if ever the film was ever removed then there would be no fade difference in the panel.

Mate of mine had a panel shop for Round 40 years-they used to paint the back edge of the stone guard the same colour as the car.Certainly an effective result.

Cheers

Pekay.

Thanks pekay49. That is a good suggestions. My first C5 had a couple of scratches that I patched up with the recommended paint and I was never satisfied with it.
    The clear film is effective I know. The chips are on the drivers door.I will try to locate a "touch up " merchant.

Fellow Frogger

Is it a pearlescent colour? If so, you have to be really careful when it comes to blown in repairs as pearls can be exceptionally difficult to repair properly without painting all the panels that present in each direction. That is, a dent/scrape in a door on a pealescent car probably needs the whole side painted to ensure it looks right from all angles and in all lights. There are some very skilled mobile operators, but you may well find a localised repair in a pearlescent paint looks OK straight on, but screams at you at an angle. If it's just a small chip, get a factory touch up bottle and try to make it less obvious.

Thread Information