Evans Waterless Coolant in a DS
  • Register
  • Help

Default Evans Waterless Coolant in a DS

It looks good on paper - long life in the engine, non toxic and non-corrosive.

Seems perfect for a classic car.

Anyone running this in their D..?

http://www.evanscooling.com/products/coolants/

Many thanks,

Advertisement

Mark...

Interesting....and we all know that a D can be a hot car to drive in summer....

On paper it looks good, some of the recommendations on the website are over 10 years old. Searching propylene glycol on Google found an engineering page that was supportive of the claims, at least in concentrations of 60% GP in water.
    But, is the product straight GP or something else, I didn't see a product safety data sheet on the website (I might have missed it!).
    Is GP more cheaply purchased from a chemical supplier?
    I did notice there were some recommended mechanical modifications listed: different thermostat for starters.
    Rob

There also a home grown product.

http://liquidintelligence115.com.au/

Jo

Fellow Frogger

As I recall, I read that the Evan's product was essentially straight Ethylene Glycol and they'd worked out how to make it a non-toxic product. I suspect the Liquid Intelligence product is propylene glycol with waterless inhibitor. It's claimed properties are quite similar to those of Propylene Glycol. Water is unusual in that it has very good heat transfer properties and it's also cheap. The glycols fall quite a long way short by themselves, which is why they are normally added to a water base. In the case of Liquid Intelligence, they seem to add nano particles to improve the heat transfer performance. If it were just straight glycol, it wouldn't perform as well as water. Making the change to waterless coolant and then keeping water out of it are likely to prove annoying problems.

Here's a very recent comment on this coolant and some other interesting ideas by Jay Leno.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...49542?click=pp
    Rob

Thread Information